Saturday, March 26, 2011

11 months!!!

T-minus one month until Jackman enters Toddlerhood! Which, as I'm sure most mom's can sympathize, makes me sad and excited. I'm sad I'm losing my snuggley little baby who adored his swaddle and pacifier. I'm excited about the prospect of walking, about him TELLING me what he wants (so pumped about this), and seeing him grow into a little boy. :) I am going to make a concerted effort to enjoy each last day of "infanthood" because I know the next time I blink we'll be heading to the DMV for his driver's test.








As we approach the big 1.0 Jack is working on his milestones. Pulling ourselves into standing position is becoming a new favorite. He particularly loves to do this in the crib when he is supposed to be sleeping. Here he is contemplating this major feat...






Here's the "pulling" action caught on film...




And finally, STANDING MAN!!! YAAAAYYY!!!! You can tell he's very pleased :) And probably laughing at the fact that I'm cheering and yelling from behind the camera.






All this standing is exhausting so we need our naps. Two things I love about this picture. 1. Jack Cousteau loving his seahorse buddy. 2. His numerous fat rolls. Baby thunder thighs are awesome!



Jack at 11 months - a quick rundown.
1. Eating. Like a champ. Here's his schedule: Bottle in the morning with yogurt and cheerios. mid-morning snack of fruit or puffs. lunch is a big jar of food and a big bottle. late afternoon snack of a big bottle and more fiinger food. dinner is a big jar of food. No big bottle because...
2. Sleeping. Still impressive with an early bedtime of 7:30ish. Occasionally though we do wake up around 4 or so with a major wet diaper. No matter how early we stop the drinking we always need a diaper change. It's either change the sheet or change the Jackman. Since I hate that stupid crib bumper I choose Jackman.
3. Favorite toys. He loves the cars he got from Uncle Allen & Aunt Kerry over Christmas. He's also a fan of his crocodile wagon. Anything with wheels really. Sadly, jumperoo is becoming less and less of a desirable activity. I think the confinement part bothers him since he wants to climb and crawl everywhere. I'm not gonna lie - my heart breaks a little at the thought of this.
4. Words. Ba, Da, Ma, Ga, you know - the classics. :) But lately he's been saying dada around Andy so he's starting to make that connection.
5. Milestones. Sniper crawling with an occasional traditional crawl thrown in there. just now starting the "cruising" stage. Loves throwing the ball and chasing after it (not sure if that's a milestone but I'm counting it anyway.) 4 teeth with two more starting to bust through!


Our flipcam has started acting up so these are the last two videos I took on it. Until we get it fixed this may be it for a while in the video department. I'm not pleased seeing as how the stupid thing is only 14 months old. Oh well. Gotta love technology!

4 comments:

Dotti said...

I guess he got that pulling up going from the gate between him and McGee last week :) When I played the video and your voices were heard by said puppy she jumped up to the counter to see Jack:) I think she misses her little buddy as do I :( Every moment of this first year with Jack has been awesome-just wait to see what's ahead!!!

Lizzi Kersey said...

Only one more month for Jack's Paaaar-taaaay!!!

hughesfamily said...

So cute! Love the chubbiness!

gloverfamily said...

I love his chubby legs! So grown up:)