Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap

Before beginning 2012, I wanted to end this blogging year with a quick recap of the highlights of 2011.


1.  Andy received a promotion at work to become the Trust Portfolio Manager for Knoxville & NE Tennessee!  In less than a year he already managed to work his way up the ladder at First TN.  I expect nothing less though from him because he is really darn good at his job :)
2.  We moved in a new house!  Having finally made our peace with the house in FL, we took the plunge and bought the most perfect house for our family.  Couldn't be happier. :)
3.  Jack celebrated his 1st birthday!  While I know that he will have a birthday every year, your first is a landmark one - don't you think?
4.  In one year, Jack managed to learn how to crawl, stand, walk, run, climb, slide, high-five, dive bomb his sister, entertain himself for short periods of time, drink whole milk, eat everything under the sun, say Mama, Dada, Gaga, Papa, Mimi, Bean, Please, No, Yeah, Choo-Choo, (the list goes on), recognize every single train for Thomas the Train, and pretty much understand everything we say to him.  I could continue naming more things he's managed to accomplish but I would hate for Jack to feel pressured to do even more for next year.
5.  We welcome two new family members - Andy's brother Adam married Kate!  And my brother John is engaged to Cristin as of Christmas Eve!  Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.  Bean has managed to make it through not one, not two, but three surgeries this year.  And each time she comes out healthier and livelier than ever.  Love her :)
7.  Jack had his first surgery with tubes and adenoid removal.  I'm happy to report that after our recheck on Thursday, Jack is doing wonderfully and hasn't had a ear infection since!  I'm very stoked.
8.  Jack has gone through many obsessions this year. I feel it necessary to chronicle them in order to compare notes with next year.  At the moment we love:  Moosebutter Star Wars (still), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Thomas the Train - as mentioned before he can identify at least 10 characters, the Yo Gabba Gabba video from Cousin Eli, any and all food and drink for which I am very grateful, playing with Sister Bean, hanging out with our BFF Anderson, giving kisses, and doing FaceTime with Papa and Gaga.
9.  Speaking of obsessions, I feel it necessary to also chronicle Andy's hobbies as well.  This year he built his own computer, has been learning to play guitar, and started coin collecting.  He's also been an awesome husband and father but I see that more as a lifelong calling rather than a hobby. :)

I'm probably leaving out some major stuff here but these are the more memorable highlights :)  .2011 was wonderful and we can't wait to see what 2012 holds for us!

No comments: