Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

We are getting into the Christmas spirit at the Brimer House!  I'm not gonna lie - it's been a tad difficult to feel cheerful lately with all that is going on with The Bean (post on that later.)  She is loving and wonderful and would be very upset if I let what was happening to her affect Jack's Christmas celebration.  Therefore, we have been trying to focus on how awesome it is that Jack is starting to understand what Christmas is!  Everytime I tell him to give Baby Jesus a kiss he goes over to his musical nativity scene and presses on Jesus to make it sing.  He also knows that Joseph is Jesus' daddy and Mary is his mommy.  I'm a little distressed that every time he grabs Mary he chucks her against the fireplace but perhaps that is because she is so streamlined and awesome he knows she can handle it.  Right?  That's what I'm banking on anyway.



Jack's school had class Christmas parties!  If you squint you can see him in this picture - green shirt, red hair.  It was really cute and he loved it!  The only downside - he was the only boy so had to take home his own gift.  Not that he cared - it was play-doh!




On Thursday we started a new tradition with The Glovers - cookie decorations!  Melissa did a fantastic job of creating the perfect project for two toddlers to enjoy.  They made reindeer cookies and made fun ornaments to get in the Christmas spirit.  And as always, Harry & Ron had a blast :)



Impressive focus I must say.


This was taken seconds before Jack dumped an entire can of blue sprinkles on Melissa's table.  Ah toddlers :)

Jack's finished product!!!  Can you tell which ones I helped him with?


Anderson's cookies!  Proof once more that when it comes to creativity on a project, Jack and I can always hope for extra credit to help our grade.


There was a period of 10 minutes where we let them play in Anderson's room alone while Melissa and I finished up the cookies.  I'm a little giddy typing this because the idea of them playing BY THEMSELVES with no supervision almost feels like Santa came a little early...

Afterwards we finger-painted ornaments.


It got a bit messy.

To say the least...

That night we received our Christmas present from John.  :)  Not sure I can afford the membership dues...

That night Jack played with his present from Aunt Sissa!  It's a train carrier.  Plus she got him the frontloader named Jack and a football jersey with his name and birthday on it!  Aunt Sissa rocks!


Jack helped Daddy pick out what we'd be eating for Christmas breakfast.  Mmmm...


I took 15 pictures of this and realized that in most of them Jack and Andy had the same expression. At some point Jack might start to resemble me...

On Christmas Eve I got to open one of my presents from Mom and Dad - A Sorting Hat! One year it was a wand, this year a sorting hat.  I'm hoping to get some robes at one point.  Then my transformation into Professor McGonagall will be complete!

2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

1. Sorting hat is BEST present ever.

2. How awesome is the gift from your brother? HA!!

3. I love the Bean. (should be #1)

4. Jack's face in the picture with his train carrier thing is PRECIOUS. I like to think it is because he loves me.

5. Cookie decorating was awesome.

6. Ornament decorating was kind of awesome.

7. Letting them play alone was the best kind of awesome.

8. Yay for Christmas!!

Dotti said...

Loved being able to be with you guys even though the reason is sad for Bean's sake :(