Sunday, December 18, 2011

Harry & Ron

Warning:  If you have never read Harry Potter just skip this post. :)
I know I've mentioned this before in previous posts but Jack is a very lucky boy.  He is only 20 months old but he has had a best friend since birth.  What I find envious though is that I can remember meeting each of my good friends once I was in high school/college/adult life (Rebecca, Amanda, Melissa, and Katie!).  But Jack will never know his life without his best friend.  There will be no "before Anderson" days b/c they just don't exist.  I'm not gonna lie but I feel a little jealous of this.  I'd also like to point out that Jack also has known his future wife - Natalie Fay I'm talking to you - since she was born as well.  Boy kid -you owe me!  I've taken care of so much for you already!  :)  

But as I think about his relationship with his best friend, I am reminded of Harry and Ron.  You see, Harry Potter & Ron Weasley clicked instantly.  All it took was a train ride. To school no less!  Even cooler!  And although I'm aware that there is no evil Voldemort out to destroy their world (thank goodness), I am cognizant of how similar Jack & Anderson are to Harry & Ron.  Here is my evidence:

1.  Appearance:  Anderson is a brunette with unruly hair (at times :) and glasses just like Harry.  Jack is a redhead with a devilish expression and alabaster skin.
2.  Family:  Anderson has a relative named Lily & a dad that fights evil wizards (um, isn't that what Brandon does every day?).  Jack has a Papa that looks like Mr. Weasley (love you Dad!), a daddy that tinkers with quirky hobbies, & a sister who charms everyone and has a similar hair color!  Also, both Jack and Anderson have amazing moms but that goes without saying. :)
3.  Challenges:  Anderson must wear a patch every day in order to fight for his sight.  Harry had his scar that at times blinded him (with emotion & memories) & challenged him to persevere.  And Harry's mother Lily fought for & protected her child, much like Melissa does for Anderson every day to make sure he has vision in both eyes.  Jack is always there, like Ron, to distract him with giggles, entertain him with trains, and keep a constant friendship no matter what.
4.  Trains:  Ron and Harry met on a train.  Jack & Anderson LOVE trains!  Need I say more!
5.  Energy:  Ron & Harry had it in spades.  If you need evidence of this please check out the video on Melissa's blog.         


Last weekend, I had the Glovers (Potters!), Lizzitante, and Aunt Ali over for a Christmas dinner.  I'm hoping to make this a tradition.  And like all festive Brimersey events, we wore crowns :)  




Jack also went to his first Farragut Basketball game last week!  He was mesmerized.  Not kidding - the boy sat next to me for 15 minutes I think just taking it all in and clapping like crazy whenever something happened - no matter what team scored :)


Hanging with Anderson/Harry!  It was Santa Night so Anderson came dressed as festive as ever.  Our elf shirt was dirty so Jack is the next best thing - a reindeer!  This is how it goes, Partners in Crime people!


Jack also got to meet Wes and Buff's adorable baby boy Campbell!  4 and a half months old and extremely precious.  I even got a few smiles!  And yes, I'm smug about this :)


After the 15 minutes of sitting still passed, Jack joined Anderson in climbing/running all over the place.



Most of my pictures of them together are fuzzy if that tells you anything.

Jack even got to pose with the cheerleaders who are all very cute and very sweet to him.  He just looks a little nervous but that happens when you are surrounded by such beauty :)



Although he was loving the attention I couldn't get a very clear picture b/c he was too busy watching Anderson dance around on the court and thinking, "Now that looks like fun."  Let's hope that pretty girls don't have an effect on either of them at least until high school :)


The best part of the night though was watching Jack and Anderson chase each other around the gym lobby, screaming at the top of their lungs and colliding into each other.  It was hilarious for two reasons 1.  It was 9 pm and they still had this much energy & 2. It required very little monitoring on our part.  You could hear/see one of them coming at all times!


Here comes Anderson!


There they go again.  It's almost like a hamster wheel in a sense.  They would have kept this up all night but it was past their mommies bed time.


The best part about Jack already having a best friend is this.  Anderson is responsible for tiring my child out every time they play.  I took this on the way home from the game.  Perfect :)  I almost wish they had a Gryffindor tower bedroom to fall asleep in so that both of them could drift off to sleep talking about the awesome day they had.

4 comments:

Dotti said...

Precious blog! They are so cute together-and the coincidences are so funny-Good job Clare!!!

hughesfamily said...

This is the BEST!!!!!! LOVE it!!!! I am so happy for Anderson to have such an awesome (stinking adorable!!) kid for his BFF. LOve it so much!!!! :)

The last pic of him asleep with the train book= precious!!!

Also...if someone hasn't read Harry Potter, than I just feel really sorry for them. Their lives must be so empty. :)

gloverfamily said...

MY FAVORITE!! Love it all:) the glasses, the red hair, the train ride!

Lizzi Kersey said...

I seriously have the cutest nephew alive. :)