Ladies, lock up your daughters. Jackman has reached that age where Valentine's Day means business. Time to get your cards addressed, your candy sorted, and your chapstick on - many kisses were handed out last Tuesday. And if you were lucky enough to get one from the stud seen here, then consider your bucket list complete.
I spent the entire week leading up to Valentine's Day searching for the perfect cards for Jack to exchange with his classmates at daycare. (Obviously this was keeping him up at nights.) Little did I realize that the card merchants have gotten cheap. When I got home from Target with the ones seen above, I opened the box to find that they do not include envelopes! Something about that just bugged me. And as Jack & I sat down Monday afternoon to address his cards, I had this nagging sense of disappointment & frustration. Yes, the sports cards were 3D - but they were awful! So we threw our shoes on, hopped in the stroller and walked over to Food City (I love where we live :) FC didn't have any other cutesy V cards for kids but I did manage to finally find some with envelopes. That's at least a step in the right direction.
He mostly just played with the balloon I got him in the checkout line. Walking home with this whipping in the wind was interesting to say the least.
See? These are much cuter.
Signed, sealed, and ready to be delivered!
This one was from Shelby - his favorite little lady. I liked it too b/c Shelby's mom stuffed the card with candy.
Dumping out his loot.
OCD... just a bit.
The next morning Jack insisted on keeping his balloon at the table for breakfast. He was still in the Valentines spirit I suppose. He is also trying to flatten down the bedhead - a little unsuccessfully.
I just like this picture b/c he sort of looks like the Godfather here.
Jack also got Valentines from his other favorite people! Gaga & Papa sent a Mickey Mouse card. And Mimi & Granddaddy came by to deliver Jack's card in person! Thomas and Mickey - these two are superstars in this house.
Walking around with Granddaddy - train is always in hand.
Sadly, it was a short visit and so when they tried to leave Jack kept running away from us so he wouldn't have to say goodbye. We had to chase him down & then after they left, the boy proceeded to stand by the door and call for Mimi after they had driven off. See below for video - it's so sweet :) As I said, Jack is very lucky to be so loved this Valentines Day - and every day after!



2 comments:
What kind of valentines don't have envelopes?? That is the WHOLE POINT!! I am totally irritated for you.But, the new ones were great-Anderson appreciated his, for sure!
And...you didn't mention that VDay is destined to be Jack's day. Ahem, red hair! (Ahem in a real way, not in you know who way)
Cute Valentine sweetie-can't wait to see you kids!!
Post a Comment