Saturday, April 7, 2012

Busy Social Calendar

Lots of time was spent this past couple weeks playing (naturally since he's a toddler.)  But just to give you a preview of what this summer will hold, I present a playlist of Toddler Activities.  #1:  Playing trucks and tractors on Anderson's train table.  I'm all about some construction equipment.  We need a break from the trains people.  Desperately.


#2 - Spending cuddle time with Aunt Sissa (I'm in shock at how at ease everyone looks in the picture.  What can I say - Sissa is a pro!)


#3 - Working on your laptop while hanging out with your new friend Baby Campbell!  i had the chance to do some babysitting on Monday for a couple hours and it made me realize that people only have multiple children b/c they have developed amnesia or are gluttons for punishment.  Just kidding.  Actually, it was a good experience - especially when I realized that the only way I would encounter this situation for real was if I had gotten pregnant when Jack was 14 months old.  And since that didn't happen we are in the clear!


Luckily, Campbell is very cute and loves to snuggle.  And when you hang out with the Brimers, we instill good values - such as reading at an early age :)



#4 - Playing with trains - again.  After Campbell left & we had a bath, Jack wanted to reclaim control of his train tracks.  He was extremely intent on making sure they didn't fall off the table.  Mostly because whenever they do he shouts "Oh no!"
  

He's very thoughtful about Choo-Choos.  Probably contemplating the addition of a Diesel in there.  Check out the JACK train letters thanks to Casey Jones' Gift shop!


#5 - Attend an FHS baseball game with our BFF :)  It was so fun.  I don't actually remember watching any of the game but I remember having moments of bliss in which Jack and Anderson ran in circles while we just sat...and watched.  It was amazing :)


They are a good team - Anderson holds the McDonald's cup while Jack navigates the straw :)


Holding hands while they run off exploring - precious!

This is going in their Senior Ad for their yearbook someday.



#6 - Continue to stalk your BFF after the social event in order to keep yourself busy.  This is a strategy Melissa & I plan to use throughout the summer.  p.s. how much fun are little boys?  Add dirt and you have an afternoon of enjoyment!


Wagon rides around the backyard.  At first this seemed like a great way for us to get some exercise....until...


They started doing it themselves!  this could change everything.  I have high hopes.  :)


:)


And every good workout deserves an energizing popsicle!

#7 - Run errands with Mom.  The next day Jack and I enjoyed some Mommy and Me time in Lowes.  I love Lowes for 2 reasons.  1 - Lowes smells like my dad.  Don't ask - it sounds weird but it's a comforting thing.  And 2 - Lowes has these awesome kid carts!  Granted I had a hard time steering them (I almost took out an elderly woman on a motorized cart but to be fair she was hogging the road) but they served a wonderful purpose - prevent Jack from running up and down the aisles amidst light fixtures and power tools.

Behold - my herb bounty.  I must say that walking through the flower section at Lowes is probably the closest thing I have to understanding how crack addicts feel - thankfully.  Andy has no idea the credit card massacre that could have taken placed had I used something bigger than the cart car.  I have waited until after Good Friday and we will soon plant these beauties.  I can't wait!  And if this is how we will keep ourselves busy this summer - bring it on!

3 comments:

gloverfamily said...

1. YES!!!! Bring it on, Summer! We are ready for you!

2. I cannot wait to steal herbs from you.

3. I see an outing (or many) to Lowe's in our future with the boys.

4. We might have to buy more than one page in the yearbook for their pics!

Dotti said...

Those little boys are so cute playing together - you and Melissa are going to have a wonderful summer filled with toddler activities-trust me-everyone will sleep well at night
I'm also envious of your herb garden and I wish you success since you are going to have to keep everyone supplied with herbs this summer :)

hughesfamily said...

Love them holding hands.

Come visit us this summer!!!