Sunday, April 1, 2012

Two Cool Things

Two pretty awesome things happened this weekend.  Here's #1.  I got to Skype with my dad in PARIS!  I mean, he was in Paris, not me.  But still!!!!  Dad and I share a common gene - it's known as the Wanderlust Gene.  We both love to travel and I have been very fortunate in that by the age of 32 I have been able to go many places (Scotland, Spain, Italy, Indonesia, France, Austria, etc.)  There is just something so amazing about travelling.  I think it has something to do with being a history teacher.  I teach about these places so naturally I want to see them in person.  Plus it gives me a chance to plan and what teacher doesn't love that?  So when Dad had to go to Denmark on business (I feel like my World History class should require that at some point) I was pumped.  How cool that he gets to go to Denmark??? But then he threw in the kicker - he was taking a few extra days to go to Paris!  Sadly Mom couldn't go, but Dad is an adventurer and is winging it alone.  An American in Paris :)  When I talked to him tonight he sounded weary, worn out, and utterly excited.  He gave me a brief run down of his first day in Paris (it involves Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower) and tomorrow will get to see the Mona Lisa in person.  I can't wait!  But the best part was that Jack woke from his nap just in time to say bye to Baba.  He was slightly cranky but I was pumped at Jack's first intercontinental call.  He's so experienced for a 2 year old!  Have fun Baba!  Can't wait to see pictures!



Cool thing #2:  We got John and Cristin's wedding invitation!!!!!!!  Saturday I got to send off the reply card to the event of the year.  Andy & I fly out the Friday before Memorial Day to join everyone for this awesome and long awaited ceremony in Portland, Oregon.  Jack is going to hang with Mimi that weekend - as much as we wanted to bring him Andy & I both knew that EVERYONE at the wedding would have a much better time without a cranky, time-zone confused toddler screaming through the nuptials (Future Jack - don't take offense. I love you but you're 2.  When you have a toddler you will understand.)  And so the countdown begins - Lizzi and I can't wait to have a new sister!!!! :)

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

So cool to Skype to Europe! I'm impressed. And, the wedding is going to.be awesome. Looking forward to pics!