Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter! (Part 1)

Since this was a 4 day weekend (yay Knox County!), I had so many pictures from our Easter Extravaganza.  So I'm afraid this will be a two-parter.  Sorry!
First up - let's discuss the awesomeness of Egg Hunts.  Last year Jackman was still crawling at Easter so the concept of him romping through a field whilst fighting off aggressive toddlers (and their parents) was nonexistent.  But THIS year...oh it was on.  Jack was a pro.  We attended not one, not two, not three, but four egg hunts!!!!  It was epic. :)  (1-3 are documented on here. #4 will be on the next post.)  Behold, here he is last Thursday before going to school.  At school they had an Easter party and an egg hunt.  The hair may look a bit odd but that's because we had to do our morning spray bottle treatment and comb it down.  And I'm not gonna lie.  I was so pumped to make eggs for Jack.  I love this stuff.  Mostly because it makes me feel like a real parent.  Now that may sound weird and ridiculous ("Doesn't having a child make you feel like a parent already?") but it's these sort of things that give you a different kind of responsibility.  I'm not responsible for making sure he's fed or clothed or well, I'm responsible for the fact that his fellow classmates open his eggs and get Thomas the Train gummy snacks.  And that is kind of exciting. :)

He was pumped about the prospect of getting free candy.


I didn't realize though that the candy would lead to obsession.  I left his candy bucket on the table, ran to the garage to get my purse from the car, and by the time I got back (2.5 seconds later) I was greeted with this.  Since this incident we have been plucked off the table about 10 times.  I need a tether device...

Back to the Egg Hunts.  On Saturday, Melissa texted me to tell me that Food City in Hardin Valley was having an Egg Hunt.  So we loaded up the BFFs and made our way to the festivities.


Always bring a Lizzitante with you.  She is crucial when it comes to finding eggs.


The BFFs in action.  It's kind of like Harry and Ron looking for Horcruxes.  Such determination.  And of course Lizzitante is in the background making sure that no egg (Horcrux) is overlooked.


Holding hands again!


About 30 minutes later we went to the Egg Hunt at St. John Neumann's.  Think of Saturday like a speed dating version of Eater Egg Hunts.  It was great but in the beginning we were kept in the cafeteria (aka holding pin) until the hunt began.  Jack and Anderson passed the time like normal toddlers - running around, climbing on tables, chasing each other.  But then I noticed something - all the other toddlers and babies were sitting quietly at the cafeteria tables.  Our kids were the ONLY ones being vocal and active (or to snooty outsiders, being loud and unruly-whatever).  Mostly what I took from this experience was pity.  Pity for the poor parents out there who have boring kids.  Man - how awful their lives must be? I bet these are the same kids that sit still during Mass and never make a peep.  Pitiful.

  
Egg hunt in action!  Jack was all over it.


Teamwork! Teamwork!

Pouring through the loot.  Anderson managed to collect all the green eggs. He is adorable :)

To drive the point home that Catholic egg hunts are awesome, we got free cookies and milk afterward...and a goodie bag!  I love being Catholic :) (I also realize that other denominations do similar awesome egg hunts but for the moment I will brag about Catholic-awesomeness-because it's my blog and I can. :)

Yay for Lizzitante!  She is the quintessential aunt for all outings.


Proof that Melissa and I exist!



The final part of Easter Part 1 I will mention... After Good Friday I planted my herb garden (FYI Mother Nature - don't send me a ridiculous frost!  I followed the rules!)  It was very exciting.  We have basil, rosemary, flat leaf parsley, cilantro, thyme, and lavender.  Andy dug up the clay in the bed and mixed in this composite, manure combo that should insure amazing herbage for the rest of the year.  I later had to put up a rabbit proof fence which looks kind of redneck but I will get to that later.  Happy Easter!!!

3 comments:

gloverfamily said...

My favorite is the one with Lizzi looking in the background!! And, being Catholic is awesome. Finally, I cannot wait for my herbs. Those worms better be doing their thing.

hughesfamily said...

Gummy snacks! That is an awesome egg idea!

Love the BFF's in action! Lily and I can't wait to be close and come visit more and join the duo!

Dotti said...

You are to be highly commended -I never braved an Easter Egg hunt without Dad"s help even when we only had John and 4 in one day!!! IMPRESSIVE!!!