August 2011: Andy and I start 'talking' about having another child. We aren't mega-gung ho about getting pregnant but figure if it happens anytime soon it would be awesome. This feeling changes over the next few months as we decide it's '2nd child time.'
Skip to...
Memorial Day Weekend:
We fly to Portland to celebrate John & Cristin's wedding. Find out we are going to have nieces in 7 months. And there was much rejoicing!!!
June 9th 2012: I wake up with Jack one Saturday and, on a whim, take a pregnancy test. I then proceeded to walk upstairs to Andy and wake him up to look at this.
(With both pregnancies I have had wildly complex scenarios of how I would surprise Andy with the news. And both times I have walked into the bedroom and woken him up with a pregnancy test saying, "Guess what?" I know. I'm lame. But I can't keep a secret! I'm the person who tells everyone what they are getting for Christmas in November! I blame my mother for this weakness.)
June 12, 2012: I wake up to cramps and bleeding. Freak out mode & heartbreak begins. My doctor gets me in for an emergency ultrasound to make sure the cramps aren't a major complication (this is where the internet is the enemy. By the time the appointment rolled around I had already imagined myself needing invasive surgery to prevent an ectopic pregnancy. WEbMD is the devil.) Andy & I go into the appointment preparing for the worst only to find out the best news possible. We are still pregnant, we are safe, and we are actually 7 weeks pregnant instead of 4! Plus we got to see our first picture of sweet little baby #2.
I think he looks like me. Don't you agree? :)
Turns out the bleeding is something called Sub-Chorionic (sp?) Hemorrhage. It's very common but as long as the blood clot goes down or doesn't grow the baby is fine. 3 weeks later the SCH was gone. And the bonus, we got to have about 3 ultrasounds in the space of 5 weeks. It was great! As always, we are very lucky and very well taken care of. St. Gerard knows what he's doing :)
For the entire summer (other than the SCH) this was a drama free pregnancy. I had no nausea, no cramps, no back pain, no exhaustion (other than toddler chasing), basically no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. It was AWESOME. I think God crammed all the drama into the first couple weeks and let us off the hook for a while :)
August 5th: We can finally announce to everyone the big news!
This brings us to now. As I mentioned, this had been such an easy pregnancy...and then school started. Ugh. I remember being pregnant with Jack and working full time but I got to go home in the evening and nap. Now I have to go home, do housework, grade, play with Jack, plan lessons, chase Jack, make dinner, chase Jack, run errands, did I mention chase Jack? So the exhaustion is definitely back BUT I cannot deny that this is still a really, really laid-back pregnancy. Andy is a huge help, Jack is still a very easy kid considering everything one expects from a 2 year old, and I've almost hit the halfway point here and time seems to have flown by. I hope as the belly expands the easiness of this pregnancy will continue. But so far this is all I have to report.
Sorry if it was kind of boring or too much detail. I consider this scrap-blog as my only means to chronicle this pregnancy and want to do it justice. Stayed tuned b/c on Sept 17th we find out if Jack will have a little brother or a little sister!!! :)


2 comments:
:) Can't wait to find out if Jack will have a brother or sister.
Either way a wonderful addition to our family !!!!
Tomorrow!!!
Post a Comment