Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tri-Cities Adventure

A couple weeks ago we spent a whirlwind 24 hours in Bristol/Johnson City....um ok I forget where exactly we were.  Sadly, when people say the Tri-Cities I technically don't know what 3 cities make them up.  I know I could easily Google that right now as I type but I'd rather the mystique remain :)  Anyway, the reason we were visiting the Tri-Cities was very exciting.  Melissa's pregnant twin sister Nicole found out that day what she was having and Melissa invited Jack and me up to visit for the night and have a fun day with everyone!  It was so much fun and I'm so happy we got to share this exciting time.  Seeing Nicole and Melissa together reminds me so much how awesome sisters are (especially my own!) and I can't wait for Jack to get a sister.    

(I stole this off Nicole's blog since my pictures of the cute "reveal" cupcakes were all blurry.)  How cute does Nicole look?  And how tiny.  No one looks this cute pregnant.  No one.  So excited Anderson is getting another girl cousin!  It really feels like this will be the Year of the Girls  :)


 Jack had so much fun chasing Anderson & Lily around.  I think he's really looking forward to having a sibling based on the camaraderie from this weekend.  I also love how the boys are pants-less in this shot.  Ah boys :)


Toddler road trip!  Anderson is giving Jack a look that says, "Are you ready for this?  It's gonna be epic."




And epic it was! First up was Lily's soccer game on Saturday morning.  3 year olds running around on a field after a soccer ball are so adorable.  Meanwhile Jack & Anderson commandeered a spare goal and played a little ball themselves.



They also played a little tackle football too :)  And they better enjoy this while it lasts.  These two guys are NOT playing actual football!  And that's final.

Then we left to go make Ghoul Buses at the Lowes Build and Grow!

So proud of a job well done :)


Then we went to a massive playground.


He's a little too brave for my taste.  The big boy playground at school has made him quite daring.




Then we fed ducks.



Then had a little lunch at Chik-Fil-A.  How cute is this?  It's like a first date :)



And then! we went on a boat!

We're on a boat!


As you can tell, we accomplished a lot in that 24 hours.  It was so fun and we can't wait for the chance to hang out with Anderson and Lily again!

4 comments:

noni said...

I love the three of them together...they just all look so cute.

Dotti said...

Such adorable playmates :)

Dotti said...

Such adorable playmates :)

gloverfamily said...

1. Epic, for sure. Thanks for going!!

2. It was not their first date, I think it is at least 4th date for them.

3. NO FOOTBALL!!