Starting to get "torpedo belly." Lucy is 33 weeks and according to babycenter she's the size of a pineapple! We went in for a dr appt this week and so far so good! I'm now having to do the weekly checks for the "non-stress test" which means the following...
I get to sit in a recliner for 25 minutes with monitors on my belly, watching tv, while I count Lucy's kicks. Not too bad huh? Plus it's really fun to listen to her heartbeat and just relax by myself.
In terms of changes to the pregnancy, I can report the following:
-Appetite is still there but capacity to hold food for said appetite is diminishing.
-Heartburn, my old friend, is here for the long haul
-starting to get the muscle pains from my stomach stretching
-I can't breathe anymore. Not sure if this is the same sinus swelling I got with Jack (rhinitis of pregnancy is the official name. please...) or if I have a sinus infection that won't quit. Either way, I only spray nasal stuff at night which means during the day I sound like I have a cold. Get ready by the way for this face -
-And lastly, insomnia. It's bad. And it's not from the lack of breathing. It's from the fact that every time I come close to falling asleep I think about the million things I need to get ready for the maternity leave sub. Lame I know. Life will go on and my students will survive wonderfully without me but being the massive control freak that i am, I want to have all my ducks in a row before Lucy's big debut.
This is totally not a complaint list. I just never really chronicled my first pregnancy as thoroughly (sorry Jack!) so I want to make sure I have a frame of reference ready to go with any future kiddos :) Plus, it makes me realize, after looking back on all these "updates" that I really don't have it that bad. This way I can tell myself - suck it up man! 6.5 weeks to go! :)


2 comments:
She does look pretty torpedoish (and precious) in there!
You look awesome!
I can't believe she is a pineapple!!!
I say, Stress Away. Just embrace the worrying because worrying about worrying just makes worse and the worrying is inevitable, anyway.
You look adorable :)
Post a Comment