A couple weeks ago, I took home another collection of Jack-crafts from his school. This was my favorite. Something about a red-haired paper bag puppet just cracks me up. I wonder if I can get his real hair to lay that flat?
Jack's hand print! :) I'd like to note that this little hand fits perfectly in mine.
Big boy bed update: (Above is what happens when you refuse to take a nap all day on Sunday and then crash in a Kroger cart 5 minutes into the shopping trip.) Sleeping has been touch and go lately. Some nights are phenomenal and some are disaster. But I think that's typical of all toddlers. The one constant that we seem to have lately is the lengthening of the bedtime routine. In the good ole days (aka - trapped in a crib) we could just lay Jack down in his crib, shut the door, and BAM! out like a light with fairly little fuss. What fools we were... if I could go back in time I would tell past self that she was living in a pampered princess world. And that she should enjoy this brief fleeting time - savor each second. Big boy bed has been more labor intensive since it would appear we need at least 45 min to an hour of preparation. From teeth brushing (which he loves b/c we got him an electric Thomas toothbrush!) to that slow careful tiptoe over the gate in his door Jack has suckered us into a very lengthy routine. Most of it involves sitting on the floor of his room and listening to him do the fake snore (and us trying not to laugh at this :). Then he pops his head up and asks for water, a book, his night light to be closer, to fix his blanket, you get the idea. Now once asleep, we can bank on a night with only one or two wake ups MAX. I think that is really great. And frankly, I'm up at that point anyway b/c pregnancy insomnia has set in so the hours of 2-4:30 are really my third wind for the day :) For the record, Jack is usually awake by 5:30-5:45. (This is a reference for later on when Lucy hits the big girl bed and is waking up before the roosters crow.)
Potty training update: I think we are in month 5(?) of potty training. I've lost track. When it comes to pooping, he's a champ. Jack has not had that type of accident in weeks. Peeing is another story. As long as I remember to take him to the bathroom 30 minutes after drinking and keep reminding him (forcing him) to use the potty, he's good. The problem exists when I must rely on him to tell me he has to go. Sometimes we make it, sometimes we don't. :( Hence, the couch is still covered with garbage bags and a sheet. This is compounded by the fact that Jack seems to have a bladder the size of a tanker truck. But I will say, the majority of days I pick him up from school, he is wearing the same pants and underwear. So definitely better than expected! I'm guessing by the time Lucy is here we will MAYBE have mastered this entire situation. But if not, it's ok. Lucky for Jack, green sheets go well with my decor :)




2 comments:
The big boy bed is Satan. Period.
Potty training is Satan's best friend.
Jack is the best.
(followed closely by the little girl giving you insomnia:)
Patience is the key :) Years from now you won't be able to get him out of that bed in the morning and also too, he will not walk down the aisle to meet his bride wearing pull-ups so eventually these problems will be surmounted and replaced dare I say with bigger ones maybe !!!Maybe not because I think he's perfect in every way :)
Post a Comment