Just a quick little update on Lucy's last appointment. We only have about 3 left!!!!!

It's so hard not to compare Lucy & Jack's pregnancies. There are so many things that have been similar but then again the circumstances we are living in are so different this time around. For example, here is a belly pic at 36 weeks with Jack. As you can tell, we are enjoying a nice little beach vacation, right? Ha! No - at 36 weeks we packed up a house and moved 8 hours from Destin FL to Knoxville TN. We had to find a new place to live, Andy had to adjust to a new job, I had to switch doctors with 4 weeks left in my pregnancy, it was surreal to say the least. So because of that transition I'm convinced that Lucy's pregnancy will always trump Jack's in terms of easiness.

This is me at 37 weeks (right after Easter Mass when Mom, Dad, & Lizzi had come into town to help us get settled in our rental house.) I'm obviously a bit bigger with Jack than I am now. The belly is the same size but the surrounding areas (face, rear end, feet!) are considerably bigger the first time around. I blame gestational diabetes. And perhaps the jars of olives I was eating :)
So here we are at 36 weeks with Lucy! She has definitely dropped and at this point is burrowing somewhere in my hips (because of this I'm convinced that she will come on Groundhog Day :) At my last dr appt, I'm 2 centimeters dilated but from what Dr. Myers said - not close to going into labor. Whew! I needed to hear that b/c I really want to get a few weeks into the semester before I have to leave the classroom. We also had an ultrasound this week to check Lucy's weight and according to the measurements she is in the 37% for growth. I asked Dr. Myers whether or not this is getting into the scary zone (if Lucy's growth drops b/c of her cord then they'll need to take her early.) He assured me that they don't begin to worry until the growth rate drops to the teens. He did say though that she will probably be smaller than Jack which makes me happy/nervous. Happy b/c that may mean an easier delivery. Nervous b/c I don't want her size and weight to put her in any danger. But thankfully, all has been checked and rechecked and she continues to look great. It's a bit surreal that she will be here in less than a month!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!

2 comments:
I hope she comes on Groundhog Day!!! That would be so fun!
You look ADORABLE, of course.
See you guys at Anderson's party!
She is going to be here SO soon!!!!!! I am SO exited!!
I was very thrilled that you moved pregnant because it meant I was able to see newborn Jack!
You look awesome ( and so does Jack :)
Post a Comment