It's only Tuesday and my son proves to be a social butterfly with a calendar that is booked solid! Monday he went to lunch at Steak n Shake with Anderson where I enjoyed my favorite double steakburger with cheese and Jack had his classic choice - a bottle. Then today he got to meet his buddy Lake for the first time at Aubreys! Once again, Mommy stuffed her face while Jack slept - he such a party animal. :) Afterwards, we came back to the house and had a photo op. Here they are on Jack's blanket - so cute!
Here's Amanda looking fabulous after only 9 weeks removed from giving birth! It was so good seeing her and she looks amazing! Notice her hair is styled and beautiful, she's wearing a lovely sundress, and her make-up is great. Sigh...please see below for the scarier side of childbirth.
If you wonder why Lake looks so distressed I think it's my hair... Seriously, what is that garbage on my head?! Thank God Lake is in the picture to make it look cute.
Every parent wonders, "Will my child know how to play well with others?" Well.... I'm concerned about that considering Jack tried to give Lake a wet willy after 30 seconds of laying next to him. See below for Lake's reaction and Jack's look of feigned innocence :)
I love that Jack has great friends like Anderson and Lake. I'm amazed that at 7 weeks he already has a close group of guy friends to pal around with! I should also note that I'm equally lucky to have Amanda and Melissa to pal around with at the same time - they help keep me sane! :)On a side note, my mom brought some baby pictures last time she visited and I found this one to be hilarious. After all the SIDS paranoia I've experienced from the countless pamphlets, books, and programs I seen, it's nice to know that I'm probably working myself up into a frenzy for nothing. Exhibit A:

Count with me as I list the SIDS violations: 1. fluffy bedding 2. warm clothing 3. bumper pads, 4. crib paraphenalia that could strangle me. 5. I'm on my stomach in one of them!!! Yet I'm still alive. I give my mother so much grief sometimes about all the things she was told to do with me by doctors and how each one of them could've killed me. I find it hilarious and proof that we are becoming a generation of paranoid freaks. Love you Mom!!!
3 comments:
Love you too !! I'm so glad you survived being brought up by my generation of Moms, we did what we could :) and you somehow triumphed!!
It really is shocking that we not only survived, but are healthy and happy when I realize everything my mom did "wrong". Seriously, who decided that back sleeping business? Stomach sleeping is so much better. I had fun at lunch and Jack looks precious, of course-as always! He looks like you!!! As I look at my fair skinned, blue eyed, skinny baby...I am so jealous.
Fun times with the boys! Just to clarify on my looks. It is all deception. Hair is not styled it was washed days ago(ick) and sprayed with dry shampoo. Dress was used as cover for unshaved legs. Makeup was only eyeliner and base, the dark circles courtesy of Lake bring out my blue eyes! Plus while the braces make my smile crooked they redden my lips with all the rubbing. Ahhhh motherhood land of true beauty. You my girl always look great!!!!
Post a Comment