Sunday, June 13, 2010

Smiles!

Jackman has reached the 7 week mark! And so far the most exciting news to report is that the young man can now smile! :) It is so much fun - Andy and I spend over 75% of the time with him trying to get him to either smile or coo. The cooing is awesome too - he has taken to echoing us everytime we coo at him and it is too cute. In fact, my favorite pastime is not necessarily watching Jack make those sweet smiles (although they are awesome) but watching his Daddy & he laugh like crazy when they make each other smile. It really is the highlight of my day. Here are some more Jack smiles...

Here he is thinking about smiling...So far sleep is getting better. We have had a few 5 hour stints here and there. But it's still early. I'm proud of his ability to sleep in the crib period. I've watched one too many Baby Story in which the kid hates his own room so if it's only for a few hours - God Bless him! We have also been working on a couple important tasks - tummy time and the bumbo. Sadly tummy time is not his favorite. This is the look I got right before meltdown mode.
The Bumbo is a little more successful. He's getting to the point where he can prop himself up for a couple minutes now! Please ignore the mittens. He was scratching the hell outta his poor face and I can't clip his nails til Andy gets home to help.

Another momentous event...his first time in the pool!!! Granted he doesn't look thrilled but don't let the picture deceive you. This was over at his BFF Anderson's house where he also got to meet Anderson's cool older cousin Lily! This was also where I realized that I'm gonna be the moron slacker mom. Melissa and Nicole had their babies dressed and prepared for the sun. My idiot self is thinking "Oh Jack just needs sunscreen a hat and his swimmer diapers to hang out." Sadly, I really should've brought a shirt and trunks for him but you live and learn. I slathered him in sunscreen and he did great (no burns or anything) but now have the horrible feeling that my kid is going to be the one on the field trip who has no coat and a lunch that requires a microwave or something. Maybe I'll learn a trick or two before then...He still had a blast though. So much that he fell asleep on my arm...
Here's the Jackman trying on Daddy's hat...such a stud!
And also this week we have discovered how to stick out our tongue! The video is pretty cute too. :)

2 comments:

Dotti said...

Is it just me or is he the most precious little baby ever? Of course I am his Gramma and he is perfection to me. Can't wait to hold him again.

gloverfamily said...

I agree that he is perfection! I love his little smiles-I wish I had seem some in person yesterday. He was probably exhausted at watching Anderson exhaust me:) I am also very proud of the crib situation. It is really the only way to raise a normal, self sufficient child. I do not speak from experience yet, but I feel pretty confident about it. The pool was awesome! I was only prepared because I have Nicole paving the way. I really have no idea what I am doing.