Saturday, May 14, 2011

Count Jackula

Every parent remembers the first time her child gets in trouble at school. I just didn't think that it happens this early. When I picked Jack up from Kiddie Kottage on Wednesday, I was informed that "we had an incident today." Apparently Jack bit one of the children at daycare and I needed to sign a report. I guess the look of shock and horror on my face was pretty alarming since the director immediately reassured me that it must be teething and he wasn't being malicious and he even starting smiling and laughing with approval after it was over. (I wasn't about to tell her that the look on my face was shock at the fact that I had to sign a silly report - as if the cops had been there or something.) I mean really, does the above face look like that of a vampire? He's harmless! And the other kid probably had it coming - right??? Needless to say we are working on this biting thing. He has already bitten me and Andy. And the kid has jaws b/c it hurt! :) Thankfully, he's so darn cute you really can't get mad.


See what I mean?

In other Jackman news, he is becoming a pro at his dinotryke. He truly loves it when you pair it with his pirate hat.




The pirate hat has also come in handy as a tv watching hat too. This was Jack at 6:15 am watching Looney Tunes on a Saturday morning. It lasted 5 minutes but it's a start! At least the kiddo has good taste in cartoons.

If I may be smug for a moment - I planted my herb garden (for the 3rd time this year - hail is not nice to basil.) I can't tell you how many times I've used these 3 little pots so far. And I'm determined that Jackman will be the first baby in history to learn the word "pesto" before he learns 'chocolate." That's not the real reason why I love my herbs though. For the real smugness, check out the picture below.
$4.48 for one measly bunch of basil??? Ha! Never again Kroger. Never again.


Lastly, I've been trying these past few weeks to do more in the afternoons with Jack. Our time is so precious that I want him to see and do as much as possible - instead of going home and playing with the same toys until bedtime. So a couple weeks ago we went to our first track meet!
Jack was a fan of sitting on the bleachers and eating. Not exactly into the races but it's still early. Thank the Lord for squeezable apple sauce! And thank the Lord that BFF Anderson doesn't mind sharing his snacks with Jack. Jackman kinda stole his food when he wasn't looking.

Saturday morning we stopped by the Blue & Grey game to say hi to Melissa and Anderson. Jack was FASCINATED with the football players. I just don't have the heart to tell him that that is one sport he's not allowed to play when he gets older. Someday he'll understand a mother's paranoia. :)

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

Love that first pic, the new fonts, the fact that you are so good at basil growing and trying to bring me over to that side of life, the track meet, the football game....too much!

Love it all!