Wednesday, August 10, 2011

15 Months!

In the midst of all this moving & internet black-hole, I didn't get to brag about the awesome things Jack's been doing since he reached 15 months.  For example, can you see the look of excitement on Jack's face?  It was this point, 4 weeks ago, that he started working on standing alone.  And in classic Jack style, he made sure you were watching him & settled for no less than absolute applause for this remarkable feat :)  What can I say, the boy knows when he's awesome!

Here's the boy waiting for his check-up.  This look to me says, "I heard there were shots.  Bring it."


Here are his stats!  Weight has declined slightly, height has increased since his 12 month visit, and as for head size...well people, Einstein had a larger noggin than most people so I think it's safe to say that my child is a genius.


As for developmental highlights, Jack likes to keep his audience on their toes.  I know what we've all been thinking, "When will this child walk?"  What we didn't realize is that the boy was listening.  And he said, "Hahahaha!  You people make me laugh!  I will walk when you least expect it!"  And so, we get sporadic walking as seen above.  It's exciting but usually only happens when your back is turned.  (Please note the man in the picture.  This was the picture I took of Jack walking & my mom confused the person on the tv with a real life person.  I love our TV :)





 Perhaps one of the reasons that Jack has not taken to walking is the increased danger that accompanies this milestone.  Behold, the bump.  This was his first and not his last.  Since moving to the new house, Jack has bumped his head or bloodied his lip once a day.  It's a little traumatic to see your child get hurt simply learning how to be a big kid, but I know it's for the best.  (The only sad part is that one of his fat lips came from The Bean :(  She has a tendency to get excited and will bump you nose to mouth when she suspects play time.  I didn't realize how overzealous The Fat can get until I saw Jack's bloody lip.  Bless both their hearts!)





 Jack has now learned to Duck and Cover when the Bean comes kissing.




 Still partners in crime though.  While Bean barked at passers-by, Jack beat on the window and squealed at the top of his lungs.  Not sure they were more intimidating as the ADT sign out front but can't hurt!

2 comments:

Dotti said...

Can't wait til we get back up there!! Miss my boy and sharing my coffee with him :) Now that he's walking Bean has changed her tactics-she gets away from him rather than confronting him with kisses!!

gloverfamily said...

Love the one of him waiting for the doc. Precious face!