Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School

Before we begin, yes.  That is my child wearing a PBR sweatband and wristband.  And he looks awesome.  He found the one his daddy brought back from Brew Fest in Nashville a couple weekends ago when we went with Rebecca and Steven.  It just begs the question...who wore it best?  You decide.

Hmmm...it may be a tie :)

So anyway, back to the original point of this post.  Jack is attempting to wash his school bus on purpose.  Tomorrow is the first day of school & this past week we've been in inservice trying to get ready for students.  Which means that as of last Monday Jack is back in daycare at Kiddie Kottage.  And just like last summer, my heart is breaking.  This summer was so much fun and I don't want it to end!  Granted, we had the stress of moving and taking care of a toddler full time is not necessarily a cake walk but I wouldn't change a minute of these last 8 weeks.  I'd give anything to have Jack stay with me.  Why can't I find a job that pays me to stay home and take care of my child???  But here's the thing - Jack loves being around other kids and frankly i think he's been a tiny bit bored with just me at times.  So really, this is the best case scenario.  On his first day back at KK, he smiled, giggled, and proceed to crawl away from me and head over to his teacher.  :(  So at least I know he's happy and I can leave him in good hands.  As usual, it's harder on us than it is on them.

He got a huge kick out of wearing his shoes to his first day of school!  Still having trouble discerning between chew toy and footwear but we're getting there.



That first Monday I took Jack to Walmart to get some school supplies and decided to buy him a new toy since I'm putting him back in daycare (working mom guilt strikes again!)  He got a Weebles treehouse which I thought was fitting since he tends to "Wobble" while learning this walking business.  And perhaps their ability to not fall down will give him the perseverance to keep trying!  So far though the only thing he's learned from the Weebles is that they are heavy and can make a loud crack when they are thrown on the tile floor... or our feet...or Bean's head.  The Weebles are currently on a time out.


To fully celebrate this big back to school event, Lizzitante went to the Teacher Supply Depot & brought Jack back his first backpack!!!  He LOVED it!  And his Uncle John would be so proud of the theme :)

Here he is showing Mimi his cool new accessory!  Mimi was nice enough to play with Jackman while Andy & I went to see the last Harry Potter movie for my birthday.  They had a blast & I got to finally say goodbye to characters that I've known & loved for over 10 years.  :(  It was good but so sad....I can't talk about it.  Moving on.


Here we are ready to go to lunch with the Brimer bunch on my birthday!  Jack was so good - he walked all over the restaurant and flirted with every waitress he saw.  And that morning he gave me the best present ever - he slept in til 7:10!!!!  Thank you Jackman!!!


After lunch everyone came by to tour the new house!  Here's Jack with his Uncle Adam & Aunt Kate.  And a lovely shot of our messy garage I might add.  Guess what we are doing next weekend? :)


We do love to be tickled.

 What birthday would be complete without your own juggler?  Complete with back-up singer.


Impressive huh? :)



And finally, if I may brag about my husband for a minute, this was my birthday dinner.  Filet Mignon baked in puff pastry with a madeira wine sauce.  Mmmm, mmm, good.  I truly am spoiled.



3 comments:

Dotti said...

Love the head band-back pac and scrumptious dinner photo-we want that next time we come :)I also think a juggling kazoo band for you birthday was perfect!!!

gloverfamily said...

The backpack is awesome!! He looks like such a professional student wearing it! Also, Chef Andy strikes again! Yummy:)

Lizzi Kersey said...

I love his backpack :)