Sunday, August 21, 2011

One week down

The first week of school is past and so far Jack is still loving it!  And, fingers crossed, he's still well!  If we can make it to September without a sick kid visit I'm buying the kiddo a pony.  This is how he looks everyday when I pick him up.  It is such a relief knowing that he enjoys school and is full of smiles at the end of the day.




 Hats are becoming a very important part of our lives now.  Mostly b/c learning to walk is now coupled with this intense need to constantly put on shoes and go outside.  Since sunscreen is a pain to shampoo out, I bought Jack a floppy hat months ago and it's become a staple in his wardrobe (Granted, I had to buy him a 6-7 yr old hat but remember what I said about Einstein.)  Jack has now taken to sitting by the door, holding up one foot, and squealing at me. (For those that don't know, my name is now "EEEEEEEE!"  He still won't call me Momma, or anything for that matter, so I've come to realize that perhaps EEEEEEE! is really my name.  I mean, he says it constantly while clinging to my legs.)



When we are outside, this is typically what we do.  Climb around on the play set on loan from Gramma's friend Joanne.  Shorts are optional of course.  Next time I will have to put a picture of his 2nd favorite thing to do outside - throw the ball for Bean.  It's so so sweet and Bean is very patient since his throws on go about 4 feet.

"I'm King of the World!"

Anderson came over on Sunday to play around and splash in the pool out back.  We had such a good time but soaked through our outfits so halftime was spent running around the living room in diapers.  Don't they look adorable in just diapers??


Did I mention I love our neighborhood?  Not only does everyone wave when they drive by and introduce themselves but one family down the street showed up at our door with homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers.  Their children even colored us some pictures to welcome us to the neighborhood!  So precious!!!


In case you were wondering, "is Jack still obsessed with Moosebutter?"...see above.


We are now starting to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for 5 minute snatches.  Still no consistency but it makes early weekend mornings a tad bit easier.  I need to write the programming director for Disney a letter though.  During the week, it's this show call Little Einsteins which is BOOOORING!  Mickey needs the primo slot.

 
In other Brimer news, Andy built his own computer!!! No it's not the laptop in front of him.  He's assembling the motorboard, or motherboard, or sandwich board, whatever the heck it is in front of him.  I thought I married an athlete all those years ago but apparently he was a techie in disguise.  Needless to say, it works beautifully!  Nicely done sweetie :)

Here are some videos that I've been hoarding on my camera.  Some of them are from the old house but cute nonetheless :)

This is when Grandpa came by for a quick visit earlier in the summer and shows how much this boy loves his Grandpa.



Here's Jack honing in on his utensil usage.  We are still not quite adept at getting things on the fork or spoon but seem to enjoy the meal much more if participation is involved.




I just like the giggle factor in this one. :)



This last one covers all the bases - walking, standing up on his own, Beanie kisses, waving bye bye, and calling out to his Da-da.  Hopefully next week I'll have a video of him saying my name - EEEEEEEE!!!

2 comments:

Dotti said...

Jack's giggling is the most wonderful music in the world!!! I love the King of the World-because he ttuely is the king in our world :) Love my boy!!! That boy is really in sync with his Grandpa-how funny!!!

gloverfamily said...

EEEEEE! It does kind of sound like Mama, I think. And, Mama is overrated anyway. Alternative names are much more personal. Loved seeing you guys yesterday! And, I am massively impressed at the sandwich board thing!