
Poor Bean :( The weird place that she has been licking for a year now on her leg had to be removed last Thursday. For the longest time the vet thought it was a "lick-to-something" that will go away with puppy prozac. Her claim was, "She's bored and addicted to it now." Finally though, after running some tests on it the UT drs decided it was a benign mass that was causing her irritation and possibly pain so it needed to be surgically removed. (I'm an awful person that part of me wanted to say to the vet "Told you she's not bored!") I had called Concord Vet Wednesday afternoon to get the test results of her skin cells and hung up 10 minutes later having booked Bean for surgery in the morning. I was so busy being annoyed at our vet for A) accusing me of being an awful dog owner since my dog suffers from boredom & B) not realizing what this was MONTHS ago when she first looked at it, that I didn't have a very long time to stress about my poor little daughter having surgery. And yes, she is my daughter. Bean has been with me for 12 1/2 years and I pity anyone who does not recognize a pet as a family member. I've said it before and I'll say it again - she is human and when she hurts, the whole family hurts. I once read this book called
House Rules by Jodi Picoult and while I enjoyed the story (it was about a woman with an autistic son and a murder mystery), there was one line that made me ticked off at the author. The woman in the story is talking about things you realize once you have a child. Having just had Jack a few months before I was agreeing with her until I got to the line "Once you have a child, your beloved family dog becomes just dog." Apparently this woman doesn't have the capacity to give unconditional love to all God's creatures and realize that sometimes your family members don't know how to talk and are covered in hair. (I have seen some babies like that so the similarities exist people.) And if I could stick my tongue out at Ms Picoult on my blog I would. :-p There. That's the closest I can come.
Bean came through surgery perfectly :) She does have to wear this ridiculous satellite dish though that makes her mobility a little awkward. (It keeps knocking over Jack's toys so I've taken to calling her Beanzilla.) Her staples come out in 10 days and she is on pain meds until then. But you wouldn't know it to look at her. She is still as loving, spry, and an awesome as ever.
As for our other child who recently underwent surgery, he's doing great. In fact, on his first day back at school, this is what greeted me from the parking lot.
Lemme out!!!
We still have to plug his ears at bathtime. For now, Andy has concocted a blend of cotton balls and vaseline to make a water tight seal. It's working!
Check out the belly on this boy!
On Saturday, our BFF came over for a long overdue playdate! Poor Anderson has been under the weather so we missed him last Sunday when Jack, Andy, and I participated in the Buddy's Race Agst Cancer. I had some awesome pictures of us walking for Team Jack - Anderson's JPa who is working on kicking cancer's butt. Sadly, all those pictures were lost when iPhone updated. Curses. The experience was still pretty awesome though :) Yay Team Jack Glover!
In case you were wondering if Bean is back to her old self, check out Jack's snack buddy.
His other snack buddy is pretty awesome too :)
Hopefully by the next post, I will have figured out how to contain Jack's kicking bed head.
1 comment:
How does he do that to his hair??
Bean is precious as ever and the best patient, we will try not to get her too active this coming week. Anderson is growing up so quickly-they have turned into cute little boys overnight.I hope they grow into bffs in the coming years together :)
Post a Comment