It's Thanksgiving time!!! So many pictures, so little interest in lengthy commentary (from yours truly). So in an effort to expedite this blog post - I will make this short and sweet. Thanksgiving was amazing - Jack actually got to eat his T-day meal as opposed to last year. and the best part was that he got to celebrate with his Uncle John and Aunt Cristin - who haven't seen him since Jackman was a mere 6 weeks old. Best week ever :)
Thankfully my brother John is an early riser. So each morning, as Jack awoke at 6 am ready to greet the day, so was his Uncle John! Here they are watching Chuggington together. Please note that my brother is wearing Transformer pj bottoms. Jack was mega jealous and one day hopes to wear these too :)

Jack's other favorite that week, apart from my brother, was his Papa. I cannot begin to describe the ridiculous (re:heartwarming) obsession that Jack has with my dad. I mean, I can partly understand it because this man raised me and he is ultimately the best father any little girl could want. But see, I've known him in a daughter/father capacity. Watching my dad pal around with Jack makes me not only fall in love with my child but also fall in love with my father all over again. They have a bond which is innate. It took no coaxing, no frequent picture flashing, or prompting to get him to love my dad. It has been immediate and unwavering. I think it's the red hair. :) Jack knows that one of his soul mates in life must be able to understand how crazy cool it is to have this insane hair color. :)

Now, I must mention that John and Cristin live in Oregon. Granted, this is no real revelation to anyone who reads this blog (all two of you :) But I have learned that Oregonians do not have access to certain luxuries that Southerners do: i.e. Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, warm sunshine... So I took note of two of the three major luxuries from the South. Behold - above is Jack and Cristin enjoying their first venture to Waffle House. Mmmmm...... (the train is not included.)
Waffles, bacon, hash brown, life doesn't get any better!
Luxury #2: Sunshine. John and Cristin gravitated towards it like moths to a flame - literally. You know who else loves sunshine - the Bean! Please note that she's basking under Cristin's chair.
And now onto Turkey Day! Here is Jack explaining to the poor bird that, "Sorry dude, your time has come. Best to come quietly."
Sisters in matching aprons :)
Jack explaining to the other turkey that it's a necessary evil to eat Turkey on Thanksgiving.
Lizzitante making herself comfy in Jack's chair.
Rocking out to some holiday tunes!
"You people said there would be turkey. I see nothing... What the heck man?"
I've noticed that Jack likes to chill with his aunts and uncles when it comes to watching tv.
Working up an appetite with Papa in the yard!
Wheeee!
I'm sorry if you signed your kid up for "cutest kid" contest - but you just lost sucka!
See?!
Thank goodness Aunt Cristin is there for a pre-dinner snack!
The feast! The menu included a honey brined turkey, my Grandpa's dressing(made by Mom), Mimi's Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Crescent Rolls, gravy, Autumn Harvest Pie and Pumpkin Pie (baked by Lizzitante).
Big boy plate!
English crackers are a tradition - bring on the crowns!
Even Jack was big enough this year to have his crown :)
Yum....
Dad had a little wine at this point :)
Lizzi got a rainbow mustache from all the awesome food.
It turned into a rainbow eye patch! Shout out to Jack's BFF Anderson!
The tryptophane has kicked in...
Family photo time!!!!
The 3 Kersey Kids :)
Good looking bunch I think
I mean, obviously.
Yay for Cristin!
She puts up with us so well. :)
Love my family! Andy was at work and Jackman was napping so sadly they aren't in my pictures here. But I love them nonetheless :)
So awesome!
Especially now!!!
2 comments:
I loved this Thanksgiving!!! It was a lot of fun-you were an awesome hostess and a fantastic cook!! Hats off to Andy for putting up with all of us since Tues. night :)Everything was wonderful from A to Z :) and Jack definitely wins the cutest kid contest :)
PS your table decor was absolutely lovely !!!
It looks like Jack has a lot to be thankful for growing up with so many people to love him!! All of the pictures are so great and I love the dining room table! His tablecloth and plate were perfect on there, too.
Post a Comment