Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All Aboard!!!

 That's right.  You guessed it.  Another train-themed post!!!!  Since Thomas is consuming our lives I figured it's only fair for it to consume the blog as well.  Last weekend we went to Toys R Us to check out playsets (more on that later) and guess what my child made a direct beeline for.  The Thomas patio set. It was sitting next to the Thomas lounge chair and display of Thomas toddler sunglasses.  I swear these people have thought of everything.  I'm still waiting on them to come out with the Thomas the Train engagement ring, Thomas the Train calcium supplements, and Thomas the Train life alert bracelets.


Mimi stopped by over the weekend to bring Jackman some really cool conductor overalls!


See how cute!  She also brought him a red scarf and white shirt to complete the outfit.  Once we have all these things washed at the same time (my laundry schedule is a bit schitzo lately) there will be a photo shoot on some train tracks.  Oh yes.  There will be a photo shoot.

Choo Choo shirt :)

Love this boy and love me some spring like weather in early March :)

Jack's Aunt Sissa brought him some Thomas the Train flash cards. He LOVES them.  However, I did not anticipate how "hard on them" Jack might become.  Needless to say, when Mimi brought Jack the same deck a few days later we were grateful.  A few members of the pack have been mangled beyond recognition.  

Now I know the purpose of flash cards is to teach letters.  We are working on that - big time.  However, Jack (and by Jack I mean me) has discovered a better way to play with the cards.  We lay out all the characters and I ask him to identify them.  So while the 26 letters of the alphabet still allude us, the 20 random, snooty, brown-nosing trains of the island of Sodor are seared into our brain.  And who says TV can't teach your child? :)  Below are a couple video clips from this new-found game.  Keep in mind it's the 5th time that day so he was kind of over it but as always my boy was a good sport. :)

(Blogger made me split it into two parts.  Don't feel obligated to watch both!)  

3 comments:

Dotti said...

Boy Genius!!!What can I say??? Just brilliant :) I'll be sure to test him on Spring Break.Can't wait to see my boy :)

gloverfamily said...

Excellent!! He sure loves his trains!

Sylvos said...

Dear Sister,

Please attempt to take pictures of my nephew from an angle that does not give the illusion that his head is three times the size of his body. While he is adorable, there is a certain sense of distorted reality or even some could say surrealism to his photos.
Thank you,

The Godfather