Jack doesn't realize how good he's got it - which is only natural because he's a toddler. So I feel it is my duty to remind him of how really lucky he is. Just look at what the boy enjoyed this past week :) An avid fan of Yo Gabba Gabba, Jack's Aunt Sissa brought him a Muno guitar from Anderson's cool cousin Lily! He was ecstatic!
Getting in some sweet licks before dinner :) It may look a bit creepy - the guitar, not Jack - but let's remember that we love Muno for all his one-eyedness (shout out to The Bean and BFF Anderson!)
In addition to the Muno guitar, Jack also got to play with an electric train set that Granddaddy had at home in Morristown. Words don't begin to describe the excitement here. We are in search of more track at the moment but for now Jack likes playing conductor to half the track. while I'm not thrilled at my beautiful dining room table turning into the island of Sodor - I can't help but give in. look how cute my little Master of the Railways is!
I think Andy gets a kick out of it too :) I have a sneaky suspicion that while we are in Jackson for Spring Break this train will get some play time as well.
I love this picture for two reasons - 1. This shirt from Mimi with the painted on suspenders is adorable. 2. Toddler proportions crack me up. Look how little Jack's legs look - it's like he was transported here from the Land of Oz. :) Also note, trains are on hand as usual. He's holding Salty and Diesel 10. Naturally.
Having a best friend and sister like Bean is lucky in and of itself. Jack likes climbing into the swing and patting the seat next to him saying "Be!" Naturally, she jumps right up.
This is how we watch tv lately. I think he's just copying Muno and Grover's example to be honest. Sigh...leave it to peer pressure to ruin good posture.
Nightly jam session with Dad. What other toddlers do you know get to strum guitar in the evening? Once again, lucky boy. This strumming usually consists of Jack dropping Andy's pik into the guitar and Andy patiently, repeatedly fishing it out. Jack thinks it's a really fun game :)
New haircut! We are still on a quest to conquer the cowlick. I'm on the verge of giving up and just let it stick up all over, which to be honest is still darn cute. In fact, the two areas where his hair cticks straight up just happens to be where horns would be located on his head. Coincidence? I think not! :)This is one of the reasons I'm grateful I have a little boy. You can't do this with girls! Girls have hair accessories, and matching socks, and they wearing "outfits!" This is why God gave us a boy. He knows what your shortcomings are and tailors your kids to not be jeopardized by them.
And lastly, proof that this week Jack was a lucky boy. He got to see his first Diesel engine today! A real one! We went downtown on a whim Sunday morning to see if there were any trains hanging out on the tracks when low and behold, a train passes right after we pull up. We couldn't have timed this better! We got the Jackman out and he got to wave and yell "Hi Choo Choo!" the whole time. And to top it off, the engine driver waved back at him and honked the horn for Jack. It was perfect :)
Two of my favorite boys ever. Maybe I'm the lucky one? Definitely :)













1 comment:
Yay for Muno! And trains. :)
Post a Comment