We decided that this break, we would go home to Jackson the later part of the week. So from Saturday to Tuesday, Jack and I enjoyed Spring Break at home! It was so fun and gave me a tiny glimpse of how amazing summer is going to be. I think also the excess Vitamin D I was getting from the 85 degree weather had something to do with the giddiness. At one point, after taking Jack on his 15th wagon ride (we are obsessed with the wagon) I decided we needed a new distraction. So after a quick run to the Dollar General, we came back with sidewalk chalk! A simply treasure that so many toddlers that are Jack's age already enjoy but it took me til 23 months to realize this could be fun. I'm a slow learner, ok?
Please note the awesome train i drew in the background. At least the incessant train time is paying off!
At one point, when Jackman wanted to ride his Thomas bike, I decided to make some "train tracks" for him to follow. Here he is helping me.
Taking it for a test run.
At one point it became a "lap track." Anything to tire a toddler out people.
He helped with the construction of course. :)
I got a little carried away and decided to make a choo choo drawing in the middle and then proceeded to text this picture to my mom and Andy. I was very proud considering John & Lizzitante are impressive artists and I can barely make a stick figure. Andy texted back, "Cool!" My mother called and said, "How great! Did Lizzi draw that?" I replied, "No. I did it! Impressive huh?" Her response, "Wait, so Lizzi isn't there? Oh... well that's really creative honey! Wait, are you sure Lizzi didn't do that?" Sigh... Love you mom :)
Wagon + tracks. Life is good.
Eventually we went to Target, bought a new train (desperation...it's an ugly thing), and went to Chick-Fil-A for a snack. I thought I was doing Jack a favor b/c he could play in the indoor play area and wear himself out.
It didn't last long b/c apparently the age limit is 2 to 32 and some young adults were having too good a time catapulting off of everything. After the first kick to the head, I decided perhaps Chick-Fil-A would have to wait for a later date. Or til Jack wears cleats inside the play area :)
We had lots of fun playing with our electric train tracks over the break!
Well, until I had to take the tracks up.
We also spent Spring Break practicing Jack's newest line of work - Gardener's Assistant!
As I said before, God gave me a boy because he knew I needed a child that loved dirt. While I tried to plant some flowers from the past week I thought to myself, "Either I could do this after Jack is in bed oooooorrrr.....I could make the most of having a little boy and put him to work!" I chose work. Jack got so excited about this you would have thought it was Christmas.
He works for cheap too. All it cost me was a sippy cup of water and four animal crackers. It would have been more I'm sure but he ate some dirt along the way. It has iron right?
I've trained him well. And if anyone asks, yes - my child had an awesome Spring Break. Working in the yard is how every toddler wants to spend their time off. I'm hoping to impose this sort of thinking when he is 16 and it's summer and we need the lawn mowed :)
He even cleans up after himself!!!
Ta-da! As Jack likes to say after every accomplished task - "All done!" I can't wait for summer. Warm weather, green grass, and lots of vitamin D with the Jackman :) Only 9 more weeks to go!


















3 comments:
Great as usual-except for the dramatic mis-representation of my remarks about the chalk train. So I made a mistake about who drew it-it was cleverly done regardless and I always knew you had latent artistic talent :) as evidenced by the the creative flower pot you put together!!!
You never sign out when you use my computer :)
Love the train track!! And the dirt! How fun is a boy??!
Post a Comment