Saturday, June 16, 2012

A couple of fairs :)

***I have been a bit lazy on the blogging lately.  Things are a little hectic - even though it's summer - but I'm hoping for better time management in the future!  My apologies. :) ***

A few weeks ago (make that back in May!) we went to a couple of fairs.  For two reasons - it was free, and well.....it was free.  I suppose that is reason enough. :)  The most recent one was at the East TN Children's Hospital.  Melissa had seen an ad in the paper about it so Sunday we loaded up the car and went down to campus to check it out.  Now I must say, for such a small little street fair, they managed to pack a lot in on a city street. 
There was a mega slide - which Daddy was kind enough to help the Jackman with.


Wheeee!!


We tried it once with just Jack but it was a bit traumatizing.  :)  You can glimpse Andy at the top after giving Jack a "push of encouragement."  :)  Nevertheless, that didn't prevent him from climbing back up and wanting to do it again!


We also tried the adjacent bounce house but mostly Jack just sang at us through the netting.  It possibly could have been the teenagers doing back flips behind him that made him a little leery.



It was a hot day so we enjoyed plenty of free water, Rita's Italian Ice, and doughnuts! 

See - told ya it wasn't very big but we still did lots of stuff.

We painted a rock for the garden/



We got an airbrush tattoo.  Jack requested a "Rawr!" (That's dinosaur to you lay folks.)



We played corn hole. 


Here is Jack's rock - in its proud place in our garden.  So cute!


And sadly, here is the rock after the thunderstorm that blew through that night.  Still a sweet reminder though of a great Sunday afternoon.


The next fair (which was actually a few weeks previous to the other one) was right down the street in our Food City parking lot!  So Melissa and I loaded Jack and Anderson up in the wagon and headed on over one Wednesday afternoon.  I was plenty impressed with this one too.  It had fire trucks - see above - ambulances, bounce houses, music, tattoos, and lots of free food.  Not kidding.  We got a free piece of pizza and drink and popcorn and still could have gotten a free bratwurst, cotton candy, and popsicle.  It was intense. 


Our favorite part was the Toddler Only Bounce house.  I want this for my backyard.  Badly.



I take that back.  I want one of these for my backyard in my size too.  This looks like way too much fun.  And I'm sure a great form of exercise.


Relaxing with some pizza and lemonade afterwards.  It was a bit tart :)


Let's hear it for free fairs!!! Hopefully there will be many more in our future.

No comments: