Picnics in the backyard! Also a wonderful time and also very smart on my part b/c The Bean and the birds take care of whatever is dropped. (Yes, he is eating Chicken McNuggets. Yes, that is fast food. And YES, he loves it. Don't judge people, please. He does eat healthy-ish most of the time. And Jackman, if you turn out morbidly obese someday b/c I introduced you to junk food then you can sue me. Come to think of it, by the time Jack's an adult I wouldn't be surprised if that is possible! I may have just predicted the lawsuits of the future, people!)
Trips to the park. We are old hats at bucket swings and personally I prefer these b/c of the safety measure. Plus, Jackman can catch some serious air with them. :)
Helping Mom in the garden. This is a constant activity since I planted more than I should have this year. Jack especially likes the bugs-on-sticks that Mimi gave me :)
He's obsessed with them and will spot them then call out "Mommy, bugs!"
Thomas the Train playdates at Smart Toys & Books! I'm way impressed with this place - a juice box and snack, coloring sheets, and lots of trains to play with. Not bad for a free morning.
Jack really likes the crane who is named Cranky. Although he pronounces it Keekee.
Swimming with Lizzitante! She is a good sport - see video below for proof.
Lots of basketball, swimming, and baseball as well. It's like his own triathlon in the backyard! Without pants of course. :)
Speaking of baseball, here is Jack demonstrating his baseball skills. While the swing is good, the attention span is not. Ah toddlers....
Multiple juice box break.
Riding the ridiculously overpriced 20 second train at the mall. But Jackman is worth it - and it's right next to Auntie Ann's Pretzels...so everybody wins!
Bubbles. Lots of them. Love this face :)
Swimming at the neighborhood pool with Anderson! We are making progress on the swimming thing. He's not completely terrified and doesn't want to leave after 2 minutes anymore. Baby steps...
Splash pad at McFee Park. Perhaps not the best way to get him used to water is taking him some place where he gets sprayed in the face. But surprisingly, he liked it!
Relaxing car rides...
Visiting construction sites. We will be very sad when they complete the Costco in September.
Going to the zoo! Our original purpose was to play in the splash pad that was just installed. But that did not do much to impress so we stuck with the animals and Kid Zone instead. Every time we go Jack gets more and more excited about the animals. He was pumped about the elephants, especially since it was about 5 feet from us. I do love a zoo :)
Fun times at Pump It Up! Poor Anderson wasn't feeling well so we didn't get to play for too long with him. But Jack and I had a great time hopping around and if anyone is looking for a cheap alternative to a gym, I highly recommend this. Kids are $7 and parents are free. I was definitely winded by the end of it. And sore. Sad how out of shape we get as we get older.
More construction sites with Daddy! The summer activities are simply endless. And as a bonus, we got to see a helicopter land! Jack was so immersed in the scene he didn't want to leave.
Seriously, he didn't want to leave. I'll say it again, ah toddlers.... But thankfully, this reaction is sometimes avoidable with the proper amount of bribery. While this is not turning out to be a restful summer given the amount of activity we are having, it is turning out to be an exciting one. More to come! :)




















3 comments:
I know I'm tired after following everything you have to keep him occupied!! Whew!! By comparison you kiddies had DULL summers-ha!!
I can't promised that he'll be so active when he stays here but I do have plenty of ideas to draw from :)
We must figure out a way to figure out how to get our jobs from interfering with this fun. Love all the pics and we miss you guys!!
Post a Comment