No pictures for this post. Since this is a scrapblog, I wanted to document Jackman's language development by 25 months. I was expecting the "language explosion" that babycenter talked about but have learned that Jackman is on a different schedule. He likes to acquire his words and phrases bit by bit. As if he's deciding whether it's worth his time to learn them. So here is a quick list of phrases and responses he gives. It might make you smile. just a bit :)
When he needs something: "More peas"
When he gets something: "Tay too" (thank you - my kid is a true Southern gentleman)
Favorite transportation items: Choo choo, Din-yer(digger), Bub-kate (Bobcat), Cane! (crane), Bus, Cars, Peen! (Plane), Hey-cock-co (Helicopter), Dumpy (Dump Truck), Lawn mo mo mo (Lawn mower),
Favorite questions: "Oooooh Mommy, what dat?" or "Mommy, Daddy, whar you?"
Alphabet: We can recognize about 1/3 of the alphabet so far but he loves when I sing the ABC song. When he attempts it, it goes like this, "A, B, C, D, E, D, D, K, S, A, B (you get the picture :)
Favorite animals; (please note he does not call them by name, just the noise they make)
- Lion (Rawr!)
- Monkey (Oooh-oooh-aah!)
- Dinosaur (also Rawr!)
- Bird (Tweet tweet)
Assorted words he can say:
- Cak-coo (cracker), Cookie, Bean!, Ball, Nuno (Muno), Go-go (Grover), Wet, Rain, Pool , Hot and Cold
I know there are some I'm leaving out but for now that's a good summary. I'm pretty sure that is over 50 words. Not that I'm counting :)
2 comments:
First, Baby Center sucks.
Second..I LOVE that Muno (Nuno) is a word!!! Go Gabba!
It sounds like a pretty perfect list to me!
Baby Center does suck.
And...I didn't see any mention of Sissa! That is legit to me:)
Also, I can testify to the "Mom, What's that?" because that boy sure is curious!
Post a Comment