Saturday, February 16, 2013

3 week appt!

Lucy had her 3 week appointment on Thursday (which also happened to be Valentine's Day but more on that later...) and she did great!  I miss these frequent doctor check-ups.  I remember really looking forward to them with Jack because not only are they good for his health and development but they are also affirmation that we are doing a fine job taking care of a small, fragile baby.  Even 2nd time around parents need this positive reinforcement I have found.

The part I was amped about the most was her weight.  The week before she had gained 10 oz in a week (the average is an oz a day) and on Thursday she clocked in at 7 lbs 8.5 oz!  That's another 10 oz in a week!  Clearly the nursing/supplementing is working :)  (Not to brag on nursing though.  I think formula has helped A LOT.  The jury is still out on whether or not nursing is really all it's cracked up to be.)  As excited as I am about this I still think it's hilarious that at 3 weeks she has just now surpassed Jack's birth weight.  My little bitty Lucy :)  Height is still great and her head has gone from the 10% to the 35% - yay brains!

Other notables about her appt - her belly button fell off the day before but part of it still remained so Dr. Fogle had to put some silver nitrate on there to make the rest come off.  We have another week of sponge baths ahead of us until we can be sure it's all off.  Ew.  She has got a little infant acne and some cradle cap - nothing too serious.  And the BEST part of the entire visit came when I asked Dr. Fogle if I could go longer feeding her at night (I've been waking every 2-3 hours to nurse/bottle feed still) and he said I could let her go as long as she will allow at night!  Woohoo!  This was the best news ever!!!  Finally, an opportunity to make my nights appear like actual nights!

Unfortunately Lucy was not on board with the doctor's orders.  Here I am at midnight trying to explain to her the benefits of mommy getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time but she didn't seem convinced.  Oh well.  On the plus side, she now is starting to fit into her 0-3 month clothing.  So there is always a perk :)  Hooray for 3 weeks!  Love you Lucy!  

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

You are doing such an awesome job with her! I am so impressed! It seems like I am the one complaining to you about being tired or telling you some pointless story, when you have a 3 week old and an almost 3 year old!! She is PRECIOUS!!