Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Balentine's Day! And more visitors :)

I realize it looks like I misspelled Valentine's Day in the post but that's how the Jackman pronounces it so there we go.  Andy and I didn't have a very romantic night planned (with a toddler and a newborn that ain't happening) but it was fun just being home together with our little family to enjoy the evening. :)  Since Jackman has developed an "Anger Birds" obsession, I found him some appropriate Valentines for his class party!  He helped me assemble them...sort of...and was so excited the next day that the first thing he said to me when he woke up was, "I give my friends their Balentine cards today?"  :)






He loved his class party and got lots of sweet cards.  He was a little confused by the princess cards though. He kept handing them to me saying, "I no wike pwincesses Mommy.  I a knight!"  Jack is very much aware of boy and girl differences lately and emphatically reminds me that I'm a girl, he's a boy.  I like pink and purple, he likes blue and green.  I like Tinkerbell, he likes Peter Pan.  I thought he was going to flip out when I told him I liked Mickey Mouse the other day.  He kept insisting that, "No! You wike Minnie and Daisy!"  It's hard not to laugh at him when he does this because he is so serious about all of it and I can't seem to explain to him that it's ok for girls to like "boy" stuff and vice versa. :)


Even though he is insistent on what boys and girls like, he's not above making cutesy Valentines stuff at school :)  My personal favorites are the "heart man" and the unhappy snowman.  I asked Jack why the Snowman is unhappy and he said, "Because I made him unhappy."  Duh mom!




Although Andy & I didn't get a romantic date night that night, at least we got a catered meal.  Melissa, once again proving that she is a really awesome friend, brought us Salsaritas for dinner!  I kept insisting that she didn't have to bring us another dinner and her response was somewhere along the lines of, "You have a newborn. Stop."  It was so nice not to worry about what was for dinner and Jack happily wolfed down a "Sissa taco" that night.  :)




Now onto the visitors...
Mom and Dad came up this weekend for a quick visit with Lucy and Jack.  I am once again in awe of the fact that my parents will drop everything, even though Dad is swamped with consulting work, to come up for even a short weekend and spend time with Jackman and Lucy.  We are so fortunate that the grandparents of our children love them so much.

They brought Jack some fun toys - one of which was a wooden pizza set which turned him into a regular Papa John's.  Every 20 minutes Jackman would ask us what we wanted on our pizza and then serve us.  He made sure everyone got a piece of pizza - even Bean and Lucy.  He's so thoughtful :)



Lucy loves her Gaga already :)  Mom was a lifesaver, changing diapers and snuggling the Lucy Goose.  And while this was going on, Baba was in the front yard racing Jack and I was busy gutting my flower beds - a task I have literally been itching to do for a month now.  I FINALLY feel ready for Spring now that the dead stuff has been cleared out.  The herbs are being planned out already people.  This summer is gonna be awesome.  I can feel it.


Jack has recently acquired an obsession with Monster Trucks.  And all he wants to do is race them.  And by race them, I mean he will give you the tiny toy one while he gets the massive $10 one from Wal-Mart.  And no matter how the race actually turns out, you will receive one of two calls from Jack.  He either yells, "Yay! I won!'  or "Yay! We won!" Always the team player :)  So while Andy & I sat around this weekend, I watched my mother rock & comfort Lucy and my dad compete in about 134 Monster truck races.  I think my poor dad spent more than half his time on the floor - what a good Baba.

2 comments:

Dotti said...

Dad and I are going to purchase our own monster trucks so we can give Jack a run for his money Ha!! The time spent was too short but as always we loved every second :)

gloverfamily said...

Your parents are the best! I love your dad's expression in the pic with Jack-I don't know who is having more fun:)

Lucy is PRECIOUS!! I must see her soon. I cannot believe she is almost a month old!

I am so impressed that you are even keeping up with blog posts with a 2 year old AND a newborn!!