I'm very lucky that sleep deprivation comes in such a cute package :) Each morning I wake up around 6:15, get Jack out of bed and downstairs with minimal noise (Lucy usually sleeps from 5-7 so this helps), get his breakfast going and change him for school. Then Lucy gets up and feeds while Andy takes the Jackman off to school. I've realized that there are two things making my life SOOOO much easier during maternity leave. The first is daycare. I love love love Jackman but the act of taking care of Lucy the entire day while Jackman is running around the house is very daunting. And I know so many women do this everyday but since we can't take Jack out of school for the next 8 weeks w/o paying for it, it just makes sense to let him go play with friends and blow off some steam. It does break my heart a little to watch him walk out the door each day waving bye with his backpack on his back :(
Afterwards we go downstairs, do some chores, eat again, nap, and keep repeating this routine off and on all day. She is still eating every 2 to 2.5 hours which is still bottle and breast. I do have to wake her up to eat a lot BUT it's paying off considering she's gained 10 oz in one week! I have attempted to run out for some errands this past week but it does not go very well considering Lucy, as with most newborns, hates the car seat and flips out when you put her in the car. So even though I get a little cabin fever during the day, it is forcing me to get some work done...
Then we round out the day with a trip to Jack's daycare to go pick him up. I love this part and hate this part. The hate comes from the car ride which usually involves lots of screaming on Lucy's behalf. The love comes from Jack being so excited to see us that he jabbers on the entire way home about his day :) It's so fun watching the two of them in the rearview mirror. What's also fun is how Jack laughs hysterically when Lucy cries. He thinks she's "being silly" and gets a big kick out of it :)

And for now we are enjoying the blissful moments of silence she gives us :)


3 comments:
She is sooo cute!! I am thinking of you all of the time!
Love my little Lucy ! She and Jack have stolen our hearts :) I'll be back very soon :)
I am so happy you are doing this first so I can make you tell me how to do it!
She is precious and you are doing awesome!!
Post a Comment