Friday, April 5, 2013

Dinosaurs and Easter


Correct me if I'm wrong but Jack is turning 3 this month, not 13 right?  Who is this little boy?!!  A couple Saturdays ago we took Jack to see "Discovering the Dinosaurs" at the Knoxville Convention Center.  It was really impressive - they had dinos, a bone dig, and bounce castles.  Not too shabby.  Jack got a kick out of most of the exhibit and especially loved running around with BFF Anderson.  (Lucy came along and slept the entire time.  Lucy = Awesome)  We bought Jack a little dinosaur egg that he could hatch in water and he spent the next 3 days watching this thing dissolve in a cup.  I must say, I was mega-impressed with his patience.  Meanwhile, Andy and I kept shaking and prodding the cup to get the thing to hurry up!



Every good family outing deserves a healthy meal of french fries at the end.




The perk of having two working parents - weekends are packed with activities like this.  You're welcome my son :)  


Later that evening Andy and I got to enjoy our first night out in two months by attending a coworkers wedding!  (I don't actually have a picture of US at the wedding but here's a lovely shot of me and Chelsea).  Lizzi came to the house to Jack-wrangle while Cheryl took care of Sweet Lucy and they worked a man-to-man defense the whole night :)

One of the many updates I received from the Lizard that night.  Not sure who had more fun... :)



The next weekend was Easter!  Mom got this card in the mail from her friend Kelly and I couldn't stop laughing when she showed it to me.  It also gave me the giggles when it popped into my head on Palm Sunday as the priest was reading the part in the Passion on the Last Supper.  Worst Friend Ever.  I'm a little sad that we didn't do a single egg hunt this year but I chalk that up to having an infant and sadly sacrificing some fun b/c we didn't have the time.  I also want to point out too that it was cold and rainy.  So really, it's Mother Nature's fault.  Thanks a lot you ol' witch.


Here's Lucy in an adorable bunny outfit from my mom's friend Carolyn.  She was the cuddliest part of the whole holiday.




We all went to Mass at 10 am on Easter Sunday and sat in the cry room.  The ORIGINAL plan was to go to 8:15 mass and avoid the rush.  Well, that didn't happen.  I'm still having trouble with the whole not-enough-sleep-need-to-get-two-kids-ready-at-the-same-time-and-get-a-shower thing.  And it doesn't help that Easter is one of those days where everyone wants to go to church so the traffic was no fun.  Thankfully the service was very nice (at least I think it was - Lucy woke up halfway through and Jack was intent on smashing Goldfish into every crevice of the chairs) so i have to just make an assumption here.



Family pic!  I wish I had a better shot of Lucy's first Easter dress but I'm frankly a little shocked that we managed this one.  Jack's face cracks me up here.


 Then it was back home to see what the Easter bunny brought us! Jack showed delight at every single item in his basket and it took some explaining for him to understand that you can't eat every piece of candy as you pull it out of your basket.  Check out his Flock of Seagulls hair in this picture.  B/c we were running late, some of us had to skip our much-needed baths.

 
Bean was a willing participant in the Easter basket exploration.  Of course. But beware, Gaga learned the hard way that you don't sneak candy from anyone's basket - Jack will rat you out.  Fair warning people.

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

I love Jack's face in the last pic and Bean in the basket!

The dinos rocked.

Lucy is PRECIOUS in her outfits!

And, I am continuously amazed at how well you are balancing this 2 kid thing.