Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Andy!


 Today my very sweet, very attentive, and very wonderful husband turned 34! I feel sorry for Andy b/c his birthday gets usurped by so many things - Jack's birthday, the end of year madness I experience with school, his preparation for the CFA exams which always take place around this time... So in an attempt to make it slightly special, we tried for a nice dessert with dinner.  Jack lent a hand with the brownie making.


He LOVED this.  He kept yelling at Andy, "Daddy we making you brownies.  They're de-wish-ous!  They too hot right now so you have to wait!."


Here's our attempt at singing happy birthday.  I don't know why this whole experience is bugging me but I just feel like Andy does so much for all of us and on his one day of the year that's just for him - he gets slighted.  He's such a good sport about it and insists that he doesn't need any "hoop-la." I know part of the reason is because we have small children and no energy or time to do much during the day.  But still, I feel like that's no excuse.  I kept telling myself, "I just need one extra hour today to get everything done."  There needs to be an extra hour between 4 and 5.  That would change everything.  All that aside, the best part today was seeing how excited Jack got about Andy's birthday.  He kept telling me that Daddy needed balloons, cupcakes, presents, and cards.  The boy was pumped :)






Because I wanted us to have his birthday dinner after the kids were asleep (I love typing that..."kids"), Andy and I had brownies with Jack before he went to bed.  There are a few sad things I want to point out here.  1.  I've given Andy his birthday dessert on crummy paper plates.  2.  He doesn't get a candle or anything.  And 3.  He got brownies for his birthday and not the traditional cake simply b/c I didn't want to make 3 rounds of cupcakes this week.  Poor guy :(  But on the positive side, we got to eat gooey, yummy brownies.  So I guess in the end, everyone wins :)


Happy Birthday Daddy!  We love you!!!

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

SO fun!! Love the picture of him with both kids at the table. (KIDS! You;re right, it is crazy...)And, honestly, I would take gooey brownies over a cupcake any day, so I think you are showing Andy extra love!!

I am a teeny bit jealous that your dinner after the kids are asleep is not at 11pm like it would be at our house, but I am not jealous of your having to bake so much in one week. (you know my lack of cooking skills would kill someone)

Happy Birthday, Andy!!