My two little patriots :) This 4th of July was Lucy's first and I feel I owe Lady Liberty (and Lucy) an apology. It kind of snuck up on us and wasn't much of a celebration. We kept it very low key (for reasons I'll get into in a later post). Grilled out at home and watched the rain come down. However, spending a relaxing day with Andy, Jack, Lucy, and The Fat is just the kind of holiday I like. Plus, getting to do as you please on your nation's birthday doesn't get more American than that :) I also am quite fond of the picture I got.
Especially since this was my first attempt. Poor Lucy was ready to go but Jack didn't quite want to cooperate.
It's amazing what the promise of a sucker can do for a 3 year old :)
During a break in the constant downpour that was the month of June and promises to be the month of July, I did manage to rustle up some sparklers and Jack got to experience the low key nature that is a sparkler. We may need to bust out the Roman Candle next year.
His excitement and willingness to keep trying to make the sparklers cool was endearing. I need to work on teaching him our nation's colors though. He kept saying "Three Cheers for the Black and Blue!"
My favorite burger. Andy-style. God Bless America.
We did get to see some family though. In the evening Kerry, Allen, Ben, Eli, and Mimi dropped by for some cheesecake and watermelon! This was hands down the best part of Jack's day. He had a blast running around with Eli and Lucy enjoyed all the cuddling an aunt and a Mimi had to offer. Happy 4th of July! Hopefully next year's will involve some firework!
1 comment:
The first pic is awesome! Definitely a framer. I must admit I really like the one of them on opposite ends of the couch, too. Their expressions are hilarious.
Yay for America and delicious looking burgers!
Post a Comment