Sunday, July 28, 2013

Talking with Jackman

Jack cracks me up.  Every day he says something a little off or not quite grammatically correct and I can't help but laugh.  So in the hopes of recording this cuteness, here are some cute Jack phrases or conversations that I love (and some that frustrate me b/c I was not granted the patience to raise a toddler!)

In the morning, before my alarm goes off:
Jack: "Mommy it's 6 and Os!"
Me (muffled): "Ok Jack I'm coming,  Just a second."
Jack:  "Mommy I wake up!"
Jack:  "Mommy?  Moooooooooommmmmmmyyyyyy!  I WAKE UP!"

As we are walking downstairs after my lovely wake up call:
Jack:  "I wanna go downstairs and watch tv."
Me:  "Ok.  Let's start walking down the stairs."
Jack:  "Wait!  I need to take Bolt and Pluto and blankie" (Bolt and Pluto are his 2 favorite stuffed animals.  Jack randomly watched the movie Bolt about a year ago and although he has not really watched it since he still loves that dog.  I think his choices are indicative of the fact that we've raised a dog person.  *Personal high five*)
Me:  "What do you want for breakfast?'
Jack:  "I want Crunchie Crunch (Captain Crunch) with milk in a cup with a lid." - He's very specific about what and how he wants his food and drink.

If we are driving in the car, I will hear the following phrases:
Jack:  "I want Jack songs."
Me: "What do you say?"
Jack: "PLEASE!"

Jack:  "Mommy - you passed that car! Good job Mommy!"

Jack:  "Mommy, we don't talk on the phone and drive.  That's not safe.  That's dangerous."  (he will also yell at people driving next to us that they need to hang up and drive.  I'm sure they love it but frankly he's saving lives so they should be grateful.)

When he's annoyed that you aren't paying attention to him or is annoyed that you dare speak to anyone else in the room other than him:
Jack:  "Be quiet"
Me:  "Jack, don't order people around."
Jack:  "Stop Mommy.
Me:  "Jack that's not nice."
Jack:  "No you stop! Stop talking!!!"

When he is either sitting on the couch, driving his car, or just randomly noticing that I exist:
Jack:  "Mommy!  I love you!"
Me:  "Jack I love you too!"
Jack:  "Yay! I'm so happy!"
(*this seriously melts my heart.  This is why I became a parent.  For heart warming, sweet, awesome, turn me into a puddle in the middle of Walmart kind of moments.  Plus they make up for the times he spits in my face and tells me to stop talking out of nowhere.)

When I'm frustrated with him:
Jack:  "Mommy?  You happy?"
Me:  (This response depends on my mood.  If I'm frustrated over something stupid, such as the fact that he doesn't want to quit playing with Bean even though it could make her overextend herself then I say 'of course I'm happy.'  If he just kicked me in the stomach on purpose or tried to give his baby sister the People's Elbow, then I tell him, "No Jack I'm not happy."  Either way, it's a little sad/interesting that he wants to check in with me about my mood from time to time.)

There are so many more conversations and interesting talks that I get to have with him.  Mostly I love how he will start a story with, "One time, I was driving"  or "One time, I was walking"  or "One time, I was flying"  No matter the story, he ends up doing something fairly impressive and out of this world (for example, his latest story involves Jack driving down the road when a crocodile jumped out of the street and made the truck next to him explode.)  I'm sad for the day when his R's & L's are no long W's and he stops his crazy imaginative tales.  Mostly, I'm sad for the day I don't get spontaneous "i love yous" from him.  But for now, talking with Jackman is one of my absolute favorite things.  And it makes me happy :)

No comments: