Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Camp BabaGaga

For the third (maybe 4th?) year in a row, I took the kiddos to Jackson for Camp BabaGaga and for the 3rd(4th) year in a row - my kids were spoiled absolutely rotten. :)  I have gotten into the habit of doing this the week before I go back to school b/c #1 I like to end summer with a visit to my parents and #2 I leave Jack and Lucy there for the following week b/c I go back to school before Jack does and camps are hard to come by.  Not that my kids are complaining. :)

We rolled into town and immediately made ourselves comfortable.

Charlie just cannot get comfortable anywhere... It's such a shame.



Bubbles abound at Camp BabaGaga

I also love that my parents get fun little gifts for the kids to play with when we are here.  We call this, "Appalachian Dental Plan."


I love this so much :)


As we were driving to Jackson, Lucy had one request.  She wanted to cook with Gaga.  And sure enough, Gaga did not disappoint.  Lucy helped my mom make lasagna from scratch. The only thing she didn't do was handle the oven or stove.  She did such an awesome job and Mom loved her little sous chef.



Finished product.  Not bad!

There was a fun game of Mexican Train every night :)  Ole!

Also, I bet Dad.  I just had to document that. It doesn't happen often so...

One of the days we were there we met up with my friend Jenny in Memphis at the Memphis Children's Museum! It was so good to see her and the museum was awesome.  In fact, next time we are there, I'm bringing swimsuits b/c they also had an awesome splash pad too. It was so good to see Jenny and meet her sweet little guy Oliver!  There's something so nice about being able to pick up where you left off with old friends.




Charlie was a big fan of the fire truck area.

Jack loved this little STEM air vacuum thingy.

Lucy just loved posing :)

The next day - when Mom and Dad had dentist appointments and the heat index dipped below 105 - I took the kids to a local playground.




It was still sweaty but it also took up an hour of our afternoon so that's a win!  Jackson - I love you - but you need a splash pad or something people.  This is just sad.


On Thursday we went to see the Jackson Generals play ball!  It was $2 discount night which meant $2 admission, popcorn, soda, hot dogs, ice cream, and BEER!!!  I love this night!!!

Charlie was a huge fan of the hot dogs.  I also love how there was a playground on the premises and a bounce house area for the kids.  I believe there was a baseball game too...


Charlie loved the playground

Jack loved the inflatables.  There was a while there - not gonna lie - when I lost track of him in the inflatable area bc it was roped in and I knew he couldn't leave without me.  So I just sat at te playground and watched Charlie climb and Lucy run.  And maybe had a Naty Light...  Don't tell me it doesn't get easier folks.

The next day we went over to Shannon and Ed's house and swam in their pool.  It was awesome!  Except for the part when everyone wants mom to hold them. Thank god for floatation devices...
This people is multitasking.  At its finest.

Twirling in the swing.

I love that this is a vacation goal for my kids each time.


Jack decided to practice his American Ninja Warrior Skills and Charlie showed that the littlest brother will always try to copy the oldest.

We were so sad to leave Jackson but i knew Jack and Lucy were in good hands. On the way home. Charlie and I stopped for lunch with Rebecca in Nashville.  We got to visit for a minute with Brooks (who is so stinking cute and just as obsessed with construction as Charlie) and Steven before they left for Cullman.  So Rebecca went with us to lunch and Charlie immediately attached himself to her.  He recognizes another awesome mom when he sees one :)

I dropped Charlie off at home with Andy that Saturday and then took my suitcase over to Lizzi's.  Rachel was out of town and lizzi is still an invalid bc of her torn ACL.  So I spent the night with her to take care of her and her puppies.  We had a fun sister night of take out food and RedBox movies.  Sisters!!!

Hektor showed everyone how much he loved me immediately :)

I'm dreading school starting again but am loving all that summer has brought us.

1 comment:

Dotti said...

I love Hektor's "stink eye" !!!! Love having my babies here too - love the memories we make ❤️