Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fire Safety, Trains, and Pumpkin Patch Time


Last weekend was action packed.  It's also an affirmation to me that being a working mom is not the end of the world.  It really is possible to cram in as much quality time as possible on a Saturday and Sunday.  Andy and I miss Jack so much during the week so I love that we have made it a point to do as much with him as we can in order to get him the parental relationships he deserves.  So we started out on Saturday morning with a little educational experience.  Jack met up with BFF Anderson and his cool cousin Lily for Fire Safety Day.


Jack spent half the time we were there chasing this Fire Safety Duck (?) around the parking lot.  Forget the bouncy castle or fire truck or free stuff - this kid wanted to see a duck dance.  :)


At one point we tried to get a picture of Jack, Anderson, and Lily on the truck.  It didn't quite work out b/c toddlers have other plans.  So it ended up just being Jack and Lily.


We decided this looked more like an awkward blind date than a photo op :)


Jack: "Dude, she's an older woman. What do I say to sound cool?  'Um - hey Lily!  Come here often?' Aw man, stupid, stupid!"
Lily: "I can't believe this guy has a snack trap and hasn't offered me anything.  Men..."


Jack and Anderson got some practice for the teenage years - Jack riding shot gun to Anderson burning rubber in his truck :)


There was a robotic fireman and fire truck whose voice was controlled by this firefighter nearby.  I won't lie, it kinda creeped me out at first. But that passed once Jack started laughing hysterically and insisted on waving goodbye and blowing kisses at this guy.


The obsession for the robot passed though once Jack caught sight of his duck.


 
Later that day Andy and I did what any parent should NEVER do.  We went to Toys R Us.  My sole purpose was to get Jack a new train - he loves the ones from cousin Eli but I figured I'd add a couple more to the collection.  But Toys R Us are clever little worms.  They have a train table set up in the train section that is completely tricked out.  Jack loved it!  So after 20 minutes of bargaining, begging, justifying, and finally flat out demanding we buy this train table (did I mention all this pleading came from Andy?) we left Toys R Us with a little less money and a lot more excitement :)

Obsessed!


We even take our trains around with us in the morning.  He goes between these and Snuggle Puppy.


And lastly, the weekend was rounded out by a trip to the Pumpkin Patch!  Mimi, Lizzitante, and Ali came with us to join in the fun!  We figured overalls were the best choice for pumpkin patching.


 We rode a tractor.


Played in a corn kernel box with Mimi!


Fed the animals.


Again and again :)


Rode in a tractor out to the patch.


Picked out our favorite pumpkin.  Check out the muscles on this kid!


Love our daddy :)


Family photo!


Lizzitante & Ali!


 Played in a hay bale maze with Lizzitante and Daddy


How much fun is this?!

I love my family :)

3 comments:

Dotti said...

Great summary of a fun weekend!!!!
Looks like everyone had a fantastic time together-got to get Jack his own blue duck!!!

gloverfamily said...

Jack was hilarious chasing the duck! It was so fun to hang out:) I love the pumpkin patch pictures and Anderson is DYING to play with Jack's toys. Playdate soon?? And, I love the snuggle puppy pics. I read your posts sometime and, in my mind, I commented but then I realize I didn't. Anyway, Precious!

hughesfamily said...

What a fun week!!!
I love the blind date pics..hilarious! Jack is pretty cute, so Lily was probably really nervous and that's why she didn't talk.

The train table is awesome! I am glad Andy is excited. :)