We have found that there is a delay period with toys. Jack, like most children I assume, doesn't always take to every toy the second it's given to him. But eventually it does happen. Something that has sat on the bench, waiting patiently for its turn to be loved, will one day gets it's time in the sun. It's actually really cute because in my mind I picture this toy looking longingly at Jack every day, saying to itself "Pick me! Please pick me!" Until one day it happens and this toy sees all its dreams come true (I think I've seen Toy Story too many times...) Recently Jack has discovered how much he loves his puppy from Mimi. It talks, sings, helps him learn body parts, it's awesome. And I'd much rather he put this puppy in a headlock than the Bean so we are completely encouraging this new-found devotion to Snuggle Puppy (as I've dubbed him after one of Jack's favorite Sandra Boynton books).
I don't think Bean likes to admit it but she's a little jealous of Snuggle Puppy. :(
Puppy helped Jack choose which cartoon to watch that morning.
Poor Jack - this kid just doesn't have any toys...
Puppy is also necessary as co-conductor for his train set. Bean, sensing that she has been replaced, walks away. :(
Jack would not let go of Snuggle Puppy all morning. In fact, when it was time to go to school, Puppy ended up in the car with us.
And when we got home, it was puppy time immediately.
On a mission.
As for The Bean, do not feel too bad. Once dinner time came, she reclaimed her position as "top dog" (pun totally intended) and has forgiven Jack for his divided attention. As long as there's food that is.
What a goof :)
3 comments:
These pictures are adorable!! I'm now following your blog!
Love that he carries Snuggle Puppy around with him-reminds me of you and "Jingles" which I noticed was still on the bottom shelf of your nightstand :) and you got him 27 yrs ago on Christmas :)
So sweet! Bean is hilarious/pitiful when she is walking away from Jack. That last picture is precious.
Post a Comment