My one criticism of a pediatric ENT's office is - where are the distracting toys while you wait 90 minutes for your 15 minute appt? C'mon people - Jared's Galleria of Jewelry has a jungle gym inside of it for crying out loud. Can you guys spring for an activity table or something?
After the appointment, Jack was my lunch date at Salsarita's. No one helps me put away a chicken burrito like the Jackman.
Later that week, Grandpa stopped by for a brief visit while he was going through town on his way to Johnson City. Jack, as you can tell, was happy to see him :) It was so cute! On a side note - the Facetime capability on the I-phone has made such a difference. Everytime I pick up my phone Jack starts saying "Papa" and "Gaga" and wants to look at it to see them. This makes the 4.5 hours to Jackson disappear.
Jack & Papa hugs
Jack was sure to give Papa some pointers on the guitar while he was there.

On Saturday Mimi came by to babysit while Andy & I went out for a "date night." It was much, much, much, much appreciated! (Did I mention we were grateful? :) Jack had been a bit wired and slightly cranky that afternoon. He decided to skip his afternoon nap altogether - so when Mimi arrived around 5 I was concerned he'd be a Crab-meister and told Cheryl that if she wants she can put him to bed a little early. Like 7ish. We got home at 8 and walked upstairs to the sound of giggles and squeals. I always forget that grandmas have their own interpretation of "tired" :)
Wednesday night was pumpkin carving night! I love this part of Halloween! As much as I wanted Jack to stay up and help, he turned in a little early and missed out on the grossness and fun that is "jack-o-lantern" art. Check out these massive pumpkins we got by the way!

Ali, swamped with PhD work, was there for moral support. :) Hey -check out our new dining room table!
The carnage...
I love this - it looks like the pumpkins are sharing a silly joke. "A scarecrow, a witch, and a priest walk into a bar..."

Jack added his two cents when it came to the front door arrangement.











1 comment:
Okay he is my very own so I may be considered biased but he was absolutely the cutest little yellow jacket ever!!!!I'm just amazed how quickly he got into the whole trick or treating thing.Thanks for the wonderful blog!!!
Post a Comment