We arrived in Jackson around 9:30 pm Wednesday night. I must say - this was BRILLIANT on my part. Jack was worn out by daycare, slept for half the trip in the car, and when we arrived in Jackson he played for a couple hours and then was out like a light til morning. Although it was exhausting driving after a days work it was way better than the alternative - strapping Jack into a stationary seat first thing in the morning after he's well-rested and wanting to explore. And after the KY driving fiasco I would have plopped him in the car at 3 am if it meant a car trip without screaming.
Since there are so many many pictures of Jack, I'm just gonna go chronological here. For example, this is what we did first thing in the morning - climb up and down the deck stairs.
Playing in the hydrangeas. Jack has an obsession with throwing the ball in the bushes - over and over. Poor McGee!
I love two things about this picture 1. the awesome smile. 2. the crazy impressive line of drool coming from his mouth! let's hear it for teething!
We are getting better at climbing. :)
Running around with Gramma in the yard.
Jack has started calling my dad "Papa". Here he is giving Papa a huge hug in my mom's flower bed. Makes my heart melt :)
Safari Jack and Papa working their way through the jungle of my mothers garden.
This happened several times. It's a scary jungle apparently in need of lots of policing.
Jackman on the run!We discovered a new love this week - mulch! Here is Papa teaching Jack how to brush it off his hands.
I'm not sure what this face is...
Jack's newest obsession-Hektor & McGee!!! He loved messing with the puppies.
After some morning coffee, we played with our trains.
And watched some toons...
then it was overalls time - more fun outside!
Who is this little man? Where has my baby gone?
Jack got to go to his first political rally on Friday. Randomly Herman Cain came to speak in Jackson and Dad & I wanted to go down and hear him out. Jack loved all the American flags, loved the crowds, but did not love sitting still. So we wandered the parking lots and eventually sat down in a parking lot and played in the mulch.
Lizzitante turns 27 on the the 20th so we got to celebrate with Mom and Dad this weekend! Happy Birthday to the best tante ever!
I know i've mentioned this before but Jack has recently discovered trains. Mom bought him a motorized one and this poor little train was running the whole time. But as we all know, toddlers are not the gentlest of sorts. They tend to be, how shall we say, rough. As he slammed Thomas the Train into the wall, the floor, the stairs, the dogs, and the side of my head, all I could think was "This poor toy is probably thinking, 'Why Me?! I thought I'd get bought by a 7 year old who knows how to treat toys!"
We went to an awesome playground on Saturday! Jack was in love. People, I seem to remember metal bars and wooden posts in the ground when I was a child. Playgrounds these days are like mini-space stations.
"Mom! Why can't I go up there?"
"All the Hippos Go Berserk!"
Hello Mulch. We've missed you so.
Wheeeee!!!!
More wheeeee!!!!
Love this face. :)
Jack's first grilling lesson from Papa. He came home later that weekend to show off what he learned on his toy grill. I remember when I was little the smoke from the grill would chase me. Dad would tell me that smoke drifted toward beauty. And like most childhood explanations, I believed it. Just one of those random memories that I look back on and think...huh??? Where'd he come up with that?
I don't think these are quite his size...
After four days of awesomeness in Jackson, Jack & I were glad to see Andy & Bean. Andy has recently bought an acoustic guitar and is learning how to play. Jack so far is his biggest fan (next to me of course.) When Andy brings it out of the case, Jack comes running up laughing, grabs the pick, and "helps" Andy strum. I foresee another more childsize guitar purchase in the future.
The only downside to guitar picks is their ability to fit into a toddlers mouth.
2 comments:
My opinion is that there are not enough photos of my Jack !!! We had a wonderful time and there can never be a Jackman overload for me :) I esp. love remembering all the fun interaction between Jack and his "Papa" those two have a magical bond of some sort:)
Oh, so much fun!! I love all the pics with his grandparents. JACKson looks like the perfect place for him:) I am glad that mulch has been discovered as I think it will continue to serve him well in the coming years of toddlerhood. Love all of his little clothes, too. I like seeing the seasons change so their clothes can , too!
Post a Comment